PDA

View Full Version : New to this forum, and disorder. Looking for and too support

Lululou
16-06-15, 23:46
Hi there. Had my first experience of panic attack in November last year. Been on and off since then. Just been moved off propanolol to Citalopram. I work away from home a lot and find I suffer more from the fear I'll have an attack, than actually having one.
I can pin point what started it last year, although I'm not sure why it did, but it's happened, and I'm now dealing with it.
I'm here to give support to others, and find support for myself when I'm away and I don't have my friends and family there.
So glad I came across this. Hope to speak to some of you soon.

Lululou. Xx

venusbluejeans
16-06-15, 23:51
Hiya Lululou and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

elizabethlopez
17-06-15, 07:14
Hi Lululou! Im new too and not really sure where to start, but im guessing introducing myself is a start!

ILoveRainbows
17-06-15, 13:19
hi,

Its nice to know you could pin point where the panic all started.

I also discovered mine started after a bowel infection, i was very fatigued. (i will not trouble you with all the details), but it was a scary time for me.

At the time we was living in New Zealand and being away from family, i felt very alone looking after my 2 kids. Husband at work.

I used to help at the school every week getting the little kids changed for swimming, and started to feel a little light headed one day.

When i went home , i sat on the chair with my toddler and fell asleep.

When i awoke i had been pressing my hand against my eye, and my vision was blurred.
That was it , i panicked so bad! called an ambulance i really thought that was it.

That was 5 years ago, i had no idea what was going on , i think i could have recovered easier if i knew then what i know now.

I am unable to take anti-depressants due to a reaction to them last year after taking only 2!.

My doctor trusts me to sensibly take Lorazepam on my bad days. Other than that its rescue remedy for me.

I wish you well in your recovery.

helloworld
17-06-15, 23:57
Hiya,

I was also recently introduced to the joys of panic attacks, and later developed panic disorder / agoraphobia. In my case it was triggered by stress at work I think.... Have been doing a lot better evenly courtesy of a mixture of drugs and CBT.

Hope you're doing ok at the moment and very happy to chat with you about your experiences and provide any support I can...

Best wishes,
Mark