PDA

View Full Version : Situational Panic

Mya
17-06-15, 14:23
Hello - been dealing with anxiety for roughly 5 years now. It started off as very bad panic attacks after a sudden death in the family. I've managed to control these episodes on my own but still have low anxiety always on in the background.

Recently I've been finding myself on the brink of panic in certain situations - mainly before presentations and during doctor visits. I've been told there could be a certain social anxiety associated with it. I have taken xanax a couple times specifically for these situations and it has done absolutely nothing to counteract it. In fact the weird thing is I take Benadryl for allergies and find this sedates me more than xanax!!!

I would love to hear from anyone that has panic attacks that are induced by situations and what helps you. If you have found more natural ways to control them I would love to hear. The prescription meds are doing nothing and would rather avoid them if possible!! Thank you so much!

Mya

sial72
17-06-15, 16:23
Hi Mya
What helps is understanding that it is not the place or situatiin that makes us feel panicky but our thoughts in those place/situations. Claire Weekes books explains this very well and helped me a lot. I would recommend them.
Good luck xx