PDA

View Full Version : advice please

Denise82
17-06-15, 22:44
Hello I haven't posted on here for a long time. I managed to come off my tablets in September and although I've had a few blips I thought I was doing well. Well in the last four weeks I've had a few things going on. My daughter had her tonsils out which was quite stressful and she hasn't been the easiest patient. My oldest daughter is suffering with anxiety to and I am struggling with how to help her. Needless to saynl I have restarted my sertraline, unfortunately my body has decided to react by increasing my anxiety levels even more resulting in bad nights and bad thoughts :weep:. I phoned the 111 service as it was very early hours of the morning and it was either that or go and get my tramadol that I have for back pain and take them til I didn't wake up. 111 were fab and using was seeing a Dr an hour later and he sent me to my gp who has given me diazepam to get me through this initial hard period. Feel so disappointed in myself,more in the fact I should have started back on tablets sooner rather than letting it get this far. I'm having to rely on my husband and mum a lot as being on my own is too much at the moment and I'm really struggling with night time because there is no one to talk to. Don't know what to do

lindy lou 2
18-06-15, 14:09
Hi Denise, so sorry you are having a rough time, I wouldn't beat yourself up about not starting the sertraline sooner, in fact, when I went on them they sent my anxiety sky high, as have mirtazapine. Good for you, asking for help, not taking the tramadol, where would that have left your family.
I know it is so hard having anxiety & no one to talk to. I am the same during the day, evenings are better because my husband is home.
Please don't make my mistake & take the diazepam for too long, I have been left on them, and too many other meds for 3 years, now I am tapering off 3 , very slowly at once ! My husband is convinced that I need to get off them all eventually, see if my brain can readjust without them. I am trying to do just that, but it is a long road.

All best wishes
Linda ( sending a hug ) x.