PDA

View Full Version : Just an introduction :)

qsoverks
17-06-15, 23:26
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum but in no way new to anxiety/panic disorder. I've been struggling with it for ten years. I went into "remission" with it for two years and then it came roaring back after I had my son 1.5 ago and I've really been struggling to find that peace I found earlier. I suffer all the classic symptoms: palpitations/PVCs, racing heart, disorientation, mood swings...well, I'm sure you all know the drill. I'm really just looking for a community who understands so that I don't feel so crazy. I have tried counselling and all forms of medication. Benzos were the only thing that worked but I developed a pretty severe addiction to them. I took them for two months earlier this year trying to get a grip..I quickly became dependent on them again though instead of figuring out the source of my anxiety. So now I'm back to cold turkey trying to figure it out with no crutches (that's how I fixed it the first time...with time, I'm hoping it will work again). I'm a 28 yo mother of 3, and my anxiety likes to most frequently rear it's ugly head in the form of hypochondria (my dad had his first heart attack at 32 so I'm convinced I'm going to follow the family legacy; BUT he was a 2 pack a day smoker who never slept and was stressed out/angry 24/7 and my mother's genetic pool is fine except mental illness...since I got her mental illness hopefully I got her good physical genes too!). Either way, I'm just getting exhausted fighting this on my own again. :wall:

So there's my introduction. I look forward to getting to know you all! :D

venusbluejeans
17-06-15, 23:35
Hiya qsoverks and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

BeHappyStef
18-06-15, 01:37
Hello and welcome qsoverks!

I totally can relate to what you're going through. It is quite reassuring to know that we are not alone.

You'll love it here! :)