PDA

View Full Version : Why Did I Bother...

Wilburis
29-01-07, 21:29
Hi

Im pregnant and suffering with increasing anxiety.

Went to see the Physciatrist (sorry cant spell it), he just took doen my details and symptoms and told me to come back in 2 months. Got the appointment today - 30 April!!!!???

What Id like to know is, what exactly do they do? I feel very let down.

For the past week, my anxiety has climaxed, I constantly feel pressure in my chest, feel dizzy and can barely get my daughter to school.

Has anyone tried Imipramine? Apparently this is OK-ish to take in pregnancy. I dont know what to do, surely my stress levels arent doing the baby any good either??!!

Please help.

Also, does anyone know of a helpline or website for panic and anxiety in pregnant mothers.

Many thanks - Liz xx

belle
29-01-07, 21:52
Hi there...
Don't feel too bad, i was sent an appointment at the beginning of Dec 2006 for April 2007 and my initial doctors visit was in Aug 2006.
In the meantime, maybe you can contact whoever gave the appointment to you and ask if there is a cancellation could you possibly be considered for it as you are feeling extremely anxious, you're pregnant and worried that it might be having and effect on your baby.
Good luck :)
Sarah x

sal
30-01-07, 20:16
Hi Liz

I really dont think you needed that with how you are feeling at the present moment. Everything will be surely hightened with the fact you are pregnant. I am by no means an expert but i didnt suffer from anxiety when i was pregnant and my hormones were all over the place from one minute to the next. I will have a look for you and see what sites i can find, i did know of one before that soley helped mothers with postnatal depression but i will have to contact my friend and see if she still has an address for it.

Big hugs, you are doing great.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".