PDA

View Full Version : On my 5th week of sertraline. Help me please

colinmckee2
18-06-15, 12:48
5th week of sertraline and my anxiety has definitely decreased but I'm feeling quite low, depressed and things don't seem real. Should I give it another while or what? Anyone any light they could shed?

MyNameIsTerry
18-06-15, 22:43
I would pose this on the Sertraline board as well as you're likely to get a better response.

It's usually 4-6 weeks so it would be worth riding out as you are nearly there now.

Mood swings can be common with anxiety in general and many of these meds are known to cause it in the side effect window. If you find yourself having suicidal thoughts, which are also a side effect of many of these meds, check in with your GP.

It's also worth checking if your side effects fit into a "contact GP" section on Drugs.com. However, this doesn't mean they are anything important but a GP might decide to monitor them.

Help1989
19-06-15, 21:40
Hi,
I am the same as you, about week 5 of sertraline. After a week or 2 I felt great, like I was always going to get better. I hardly visited this forum for weeks. Now, ive been feeling strange. Like my Anxious thoughts are back but they seem further away..It's as if I know what I'm scared of but it doesn't affect my life as much day to day. I am definitely still worried but I know I'm not as anxious as I was. I have been on this medication in the past and know that it can get worse before it gets better. It has transformed my life in the past so I would keep trying it for at least a couple of months. Good luck :) :)