PDA

View Full Version : Panicking - Out of Date Oreo

RyanM1994
18-06-15, 13:00
Hi

I ate an Oreo at work, it tastes funny so I checked the date

It's 7 months out of date!!

They look kind of mouldy,
Now I'm panicking feeling like I can't breathe and thinking that I'm going to be seriously ill from it.

I've got an interview tomorrow too :(

Can anyone help me?

sial72
18-06-15, 14:11
I would say that Oreo's are so full of sugars and preservatives that they can't go off completely.
Probably the worst thing that can happen is that you have a bad tum, it's not like it's fresh chicken or fish...
But if you are really concerned just ask at a chemist or the NHS health number x

tmckenzie-orr
18-06-15, 15:56
Lol calm down, ur be fine even if it is out of date and off it aint gonna do nothing its just ur mind doing over drive its koool

Fishmanpa
18-06-15, 16:06
Hey... at least you didn't dunk it in sour milk! :D

Positive thoughts

MyNameIsTerry
19-06-15, 08:47
Ryan,

The only important date is "Use By" in the UK. This date is the safety date and shops can't sell it after this point as consumption can be dangerous. This applies to things like meat. Things you can easily get food poisoning from.

Everything else has a "Best Before" date. This date is not actually required by law and the government have been trying to get retailers to remove it anyway as it results in a lot of food waste.

"Best Before" is only the date at which the manufacturer assures quality. After this, the products quality may decline. With this date, you go on how it looks, smells & tastes. Chocolate can last many months after these dates and there are even retailers set up to sell out of date chocolate thesedays because its so safe.

White spotting on chocolate is not a measure of it being off either.

I'm assuming you wouldn't have eaten a moldy oreo, the taste alone would make you spit it out.

So, you are very likely to be fine. Besides, you will know in the next 24 hours if you find yourself feeling sick.

wnsos
19-06-15, 13:18
A friend of mine found a stale quaver in his car from who even knew when. It was covered in dust and barely resembled one. He ate it anyway and he was fine ;)

MyNameIsTerry
19-06-15, 13:32
A friend of mine found a stale quaver in his car from who even knew when. It was covered in dust and barely resembled one. He ate it anyway and he was fine ;)

Mmm... bacteria flavour, yum!!! :D