PDA

View Full Version : Blood Clots

chaplinfan
30-01-07, 00:44
Hi,
Does anyone know anything about how often pulmonary embolisms occur and how fatal they are? (Yes, worrying about having one.)

“Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot.”

tt
30-01-07, 00:54
I can only share with you my phobia I had about blood clots.
My doctor told me they are usually not to common in people who have not had surgery recently. Also I use to worry about them in my legs and calves. He told me the calf would be red to see and hot to touch and hard. If you have had surgery then you may think of them otherwise, My worries left after he told me that.

Hope this helps,
TT:)

TT:)

chaplinfan
30-01-07, 01:30
Thank you so much, TT! I have been worrying about this for a while now, and what you've said makes a lot of sense. I haven't had surgery recently, and I don't have any red, hot, or hard places on my legs. Again, thank you so much for post -- I feel so much better!

Best wishes,

Lara

“Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot.”

leanne1980
30-01-07, 10:53
hiya Lara

i have had a dvt, i had one after a ceasarian section, was 4 years ago now but i still remember the pain, basically its agony!!! i was also worried about the clot moving and the dr told me that if u had PE u would be gasping for breath , and it wouldnt stop. i still worry about clots, i had mine for a whole month b4 the drs took me serious so i was very very lucky to still be here 2day. maybe thats where my anxietys came from, i think it did actually.

u will be fine
Leanne xxx

i just wanna feel normal

june
11-09-07, 11:20
He told me the calf would be red to see and hot to touch and hard.
When we tell our fears and are told "do not worry you are OK"
We always think What if????
For you to have had that explanation - and you could see that you did not have that symptom. The relief must have been wonderful.
Best wishes
june