PDA

View Full Version : bladder issues (long post sorry)

anxiouscat
19-06-15, 11:30
So on Saturday, I went for a pee after I came back about 10mins later I had to go again and I kept going frequently. nothing else, just that. Saturday night I had sex with my boyfriend (peed before and after) and was ok for a while afterwards, then went to the toilet but this time I finished with bladder pressure, feeling like I needed to go again and its been like this since then, no other symptoms, just peeing more and having pressure like I need to go.

I got some of those powder sachets for cystitis on Monday (haven't worked) and been drinking a lot of water, rang up doctors on Tuesday, couldn't get an appointment so had a doctor ring me back, told him what was wrong he said could be a mild bladder infection or bruising from sex and so he wanted a urine sample. sent one in Wednesday and at the same time my period started so I was worried the tests would come back messed up. rang up today to see what the results were, the receptionist said dip stick test came back negative and because I only had two symptoms there is nothing they can do and told me to go see someone at the pharmacy. I rang up again and asked if there was any appointments for monday or tuesday and she said no. rang up again an hour later to see if I could get in another time next week and she said they were booked until the 30th!! I then asked if I could see the nurse and she wasn't in on monday but I could speak to a doctor on the phone again so gave her my details and then she realised it was me and said I wouldn't be able to speak with the doctor until I had gone to speak to a pharmacist.

I've just been sitting here crying and worring about what's wrong, I had something like this last october it just came out of nowhere, but my test came up with a slight infection that time and I was put on antibiotics and it went 3 days after I finished taking them when I went to the toilet at some point in the day the pressure feeling went and my period started the next day and I was fine.

I don't know if its period/hormone related (I have heavy periods and pms) , Interstitial cystitis, stress (had a really stressful saturday the week before) or whatever I just want to feel normal again, the pressure isn't seriously bad, its just uncomfortable and takes me ages to get to sleep, but once i'm asleep, I don't wake up until the morning. i'm just worried it is Interstitial cystitis :'(

going to the pharmacy soon, hopefully I might get some answers

pinky260
19-06-15, 13:37
Hi, I get cystitis every now & again -it's awful!
Last month I had a felling that when I had been for a wee I needed to go again & that I hadn't quite finished but 3 days later I got my period & it went. I started feeling like this again yesterday & checked the calendar & guess what my period is due on Monday so I think it could well be hormones x

Beckie4567
19-06-15, 20:53
I went through a bad time with this I had the weeing symptoms last November which was an infects but my irratable bladder lasted for bout 4 months after the infeciton had gone :( I now have it back but urine samples are coming up negative for infeciton :( so I don't no what's going on either there saying irratble bladder again but I have no idea praps go and pop another sample in as last nov,ever my first sample didn't so infeciton where as when I went by a week later it showed infeciton x

anxiouscat
22-06-15, 16:01
thanks for the replies - I don't feel so alone now! I went to speak to the pharmacist and she said it could be hormones, irritable bladder or a low grad infection, going to pop in another sample tomorrow as my period finished and the docs rang back up friday and said the test might be wrong because of my period!

symptoms disappeared Friday afternoon, but started to come back again last night :( I thought it was going!