PDA

View Full Version : camrea down my throat

crazymum25
19-06-15, 15:56
So I've got an appointment for s camera too be put down my throat I'm so worried about the procedure and tjd fear I've cancelled three times because I'll be awake they won't put me too sleep ... I'm scared anyone had this done and I'm worried its bowl cancer now !!! As my pain and reflux tablets don't work help :(

Lilac58
19-06-15, 18:16
If there was a suspicion of bowel cancer, the camera would be going up not down!

You can choose to be sedated for the procedure.

Have you been taking the tablets long enough to give them a chance? Presumably a PPI?

The vast majority of people who have a gastroscopy don't have anything sinister.

Gary A
19-06-15, 18:39
I really have to wonder about you.

You absolutely plague hospitals and doctors surgeries complaining of all these health issues, yet when you get tested or referred you complain about that as well.

What do you want from people, honestly?

tmckenzie-orr
19-06-15, 18:40
Are you having a larascopy or a endoscopy ? excuse the spelling lol, Its honestly not that bad the waiting about is the worse but onces its done its very easy no different that going to the dentist lol

crazymum25
19-06-15, 19:14
The e one lol

---------- Post added at 19:14 ---------- Previous post was at 19:11 ----------

I'm on anti acids one a aday omazone or something don't no if its a ppi lol does seem too stop me hearing my heart beating don't know if it's a good thing tho as I used too count them now I have resulted into checking my pulse x

Lilac58
19-06-15, 19:29
It looks at your oesophagus, stomach and duodenum.

Omeprazole is a PPI to reduce acid production and is usually well tolerated without too much in the way of side effects.

Why not go ahead with the procedure knowing that you can be well sedated.

The alternative is to accept your symptoms, don't consult a doctor or have the tests that they advise.