PDA

View Full Version : Clean smell off takeaway

phil06
19-06-15, 22:20
I had a chippy and the batter had a sort of clean smell to it I was quite hungry and still ate it but I am worried I will be ill and maybe the chippy had poor hygiene or too much hygiene in the preparation if it had a weird smell?

---------- Post added at 22:20 ---------- Previous post was at 21:20 ----------

Sitting here getting anxious and sweating worried I will die or something will I be ok? Worried I feel sick? :blush:

23tana
19-06-15, 22:25
How long ago did you have it? In all likelihood you would have been sick if there was anything wrong with it.

phil06
19-06-15, 22:28
How long ago did you have it? In all likelihood you would have been sick if there was anything wrong with it.

About an hour ago now..

23tana
19-06-15, 22:31
Have a good drink of water to dilute it. You could go and ask the chip shop what has made the smell. You don't say that it tasted funny.

venusbluejeans
19-06-15, 22:33
Phil the smell could have been coming from anywhere... your hands if you wash them a lot, the kitchen side/Chip shop counter.... Every place selling food has to have their hygeine/preparation checked which is the stars you will see on a sign in the window.

It is very unlikely that cleaning products would have got into the batter at any point try not to worry about it, I am 99% sure it is fine :)

phil06
19-06-15, 22:37
Have a good drink of water to dilute it. You could go and ask the chip shop what has made the smell. You don't say that it tasted funny.

I think it tasted ok but I kept smelling it which put me off. Was a strange smell.

It was very fresh the meal maybe that made the smell stronger.

I've been in bed worrying feel a bit poor but it could be the fact I have been anxious for about an hour and maybe that makes me feel worse or creates false feelings?