PDA

View Full Version : H Pylori Anyone?

Mandarra
19-06-15, 23:42
My daughter got a positive result for H Pylori, can anyone tell me anything about this? Is it dangerous? Will it lead to something else? Will the medication clear it up for good? I'm very concerned for her.

Gary A
20-06-15, 01:43
Helicobacter Pylori is a very common germ that is thought to infect at least two thirds of the worlds population. For most people it will lay dormant in the stomach causing little or no problems whatsoever. Unfortunately, in some people it can lead to stomach ulcers and in very rare cases, stomach cancer, if left untreated.

Medication is usually very successful and there are no further problems, so I really wouldn't worry. Quite the contrary, it's a good thing that this was found before it caused any lasting damage.

Mandarra
20-06-15, 02:36
Thank you Gary. It's hard not to worry, but yes I'm glad they caught it now.

sial72
20-06-15, 08:01
Hi Mandarra
HPylori can be easily treated, just one piece of advice. When she is given the antibiotics for it just make sure nonevof the antibiotics are from the Quinolones family (levofloxacin, ciprofloxacin...) if they are I would ask fir others as these can have very serious side-effects Xx

Mandarra
20-06-15, 22:28
Thank you I will. Why wouldn't a doctor know this??