PDA

View Full Version : If your worried about a mole

tmckenzie-orr
20-06-15, 07:30
If your worried about a mole and don't want to go to the doctors about it and feel silly, Then download a app on the iPhone called skin vision, its a good app that detects melanoma, there's 3 different levels low medium and high, I admit I have probs scammed every mole I can physically do but now I feel a lot more at ease I often focus on one of my moles that's irregular shape and fairly dark I've showed a doctor and they said they not concerned due to the color but you know what it's like with health anxiety lol I have checked it a few times this week and it's been ok now I said to myself cannot check for another week, I highly recommend it and it can save your life you can also save your picture so can check if there's any growing change
https://skinvision.com/about-skin-cancer-melanoma-mobile-app

Fishmanpa
20-06-15, 13:57
I'm glad it helps you but having apps and devices promotes self checking which is not something you want to be doing. In reality, it's just a reassurance tool, feeds the dragon and promotes OCD behaviors common with HA.

Positive thoughts

tmckenzie-orr
20-06-15, 14:01
Tbh you are probally true it deffo does make u have a ocd checking behaviour but it is good for checking moles if ur worried, But shud limit use of it

Fishmanpa
20-06-15, 14:39
It's an application for a smartphone, not a doctor and quite frankly is no different than consulting Dr. Google. Read the disclaimer:

All content and information available on or through this application are for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking it because of something you have read on SkinVision. Do not rely on information from SkinVision instead of seeking professional medical advice.

SkinVision is not responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information that you obtained through this app. You are encouraged to consult your doctor in regard to information found in the app. After using SkinVision you are encouraged to review the information with your professional healthcare provider.

Nuff said.

Positive thoughts

ricardo
20-06-15, 16:20
If your worried about a mole and don't want to go to the doctors about it and feel silly, Then download a app on the iPhone called skin vision, its a good app that detects melanoma, there's 3 different levels low medium and high, I admit I have probs scammed every mole I can physically do but now I feel a lot more at ease I often focus on one of my moles that's irregular shape and fairly dark I've showed a doctor and they said they not concerned due to the color but you know what it's like with health anxiety lol I have checked it a few times this week and it's been ok now I said to myself cannot check for another week, I highly recommend it and it can save your life you can also save your picture so can check if there's any growing change
https://skinvision.com/about-skin-cancer-melanoma-mobile-app

Go to the doctors is my advise. It will take all of 20 seconds to get reassurance.

tmckenzie-orr
20-06-15, 16:30
yeah true btu if you do the research on it it is good, Of corse always get doctors advice but then that can give u reasurance for some people epseically people who have to pay to go to the doctor, obviously i didnt trust my mole so i showed the doctor, But it said same thing as the app