PDA

View Full Version : Hey there!

ItsPj
20-06-15, 17:19
Hey everyone. I'm PJ, recently turned 24, although at the moment I feel more like 124 and last week I was diagnosed with Panic Disorder and Health Anxiety. This is on top of being diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome when I was a child, pernicious anemia when I turned 18, and have also got a form of PTSD as a result of an abusive relationship so I'm starting to collect a little smörgåsbord of niggles and ailments.

I'm from the hills in East Manchester in the UK, I smoke, don't drink, never do 'recrational drugs' and live with my incredibly patient and caring partner of 4 years.

My health anxiety stems from my grandmother's death when I was 9 - she was my legal guardian, and I watched her rapidly deteriorate from acute heart failure.

I guess I'm holding my cap out looking for support and reassurance, but I've always been the rock for my friends, and as long as I'm thinking straight, I'm happily here to provide reassurance for anybody who needs it too.

Thanks for reading, folks. Massive hugs to everyone.

PJ x

venusbluejeans
20-06-15, 17:24
Hiya ItsPj and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

sial72
20-06-15, 17:41
Hi PJ
Are you PJ as in Pearl Jam?
Well, I am sorry to hear everything you have been through at such a young age. It is not surprising you have anxiety, it is now a matter of how to improve it.
And I'm so sorry about yoir grandma, my dad died when I was 10 of a heart attack, he was only 42 and I have been afraid ever since.
Hugs xx

---------- Post added at 16:41 ---------- Previous post was at 16:37 ----------

Do you have any help at all? Have you been offered therapy?
I'm afraid I don't know what pernicious anaemia is.
I do have a friend who's son has Aspergers, so that I do now a little bit about.

ItsPj
20-06-15, 17:54
Hiya ItsPj and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Thanks Venus! I'm trying my best to multitask by reading the info and the forums at the same time! It's a real help knowing that I'm not alone, and that there are plenty of other people going through similar, and helping each other get through it one step at a time.

Hi PJ
Are you PJ as in Pearl Jam?
Well, I am sorry to hear everything you have been through at such a young age. It is not surprising you have anxiety, it is now a matter of how to improve it.
And I'm so sorry about yoir grandma, my dad died when I was 10 of a heart attack, he was only 42 and I have been afraid ever since.
Hugs xx

---------- Post added at 16:41 ---------- Previous post was at 16:37 ----------

Do you have any help at all? Have you been offered therapy?
I'm afraid I don't know what pernicious anaemia is.
I do have a friend who's son has Aspergers, so that I do now a little bit about.

I wish I was Pearl Jam - I'm just a bog standard PJ.

My grandma and my great aunt are the only two people in my family to have suffered heart problems, so I'm not really at a huge risk there. It's horrible having that niggling feeling at the back of your head constantly.

I've spoken to more doctors than I care to remember, but my GP surgery is absolutely useless when dealing with mental health. I've been begging for a referral to a mental health service for months, but to no avail. I've recently moved house though, and I officially change GP on Monday.

Pernicious anaemia essentially means my body cannot absorb enough Vitamin B12, so I have to have regular injections in order to produce enough red blood cells. This went undetected for years, and I was hospitalised aged 18 with a blood count about 2/3 lower than it should have been. I was given a hefty blood transfusion and was home within a week - I worry that the anaemia has caused my heart to weaken, to the extent where it could give up. It's been nearly six years since I was in hospital with it, but I still get scared. It's the only time where I've actually been at death's door, but luckily for me, there was no answer.

sial72
20-06-15, 19:28
:D
I sound like a scratched record, always saying the same, but, have you read Claire Weekes books?
They helped me so much x

Sparkle1984
20-06-15, 20:03
Welcome to the forums! I'm sure you'll find plenty of help and support here - I certainly have. :)

I also have Asperger Syndrome along with my anxiety and depression issues. I think it makes me obsess over negative things more.

ItsPj
21-06-15, 07:53
:biggrin:
I sound like a scratched record, always saying the same, but, have you read Claire Weekes books?
They helped me so much x

I haven't - I'll definitely look into picking them up though.

Welcome to the forums! I'm sure you'll find plenty of help and support here - I certainly have. :)

I also have Asperger Syndrome along with my anxiety and depression issues. I think it makes me obsess over negative things more.

I know exactly what you mean - I feel like I'm obsessed with my anxiety right now.

Jilly-Boe
21-06-15, 09:41
I haven't - I'll definitely look into picking them up though.

I know exactly what you mean - I feel like I'm obsessed with my anxiety right now.

Hi PJ, know the feeling, though i feel mines more obsessed with me!

ItsPj
21-06-15, 09:42
Hi PJ, know the feeling, though i feel mines more obsessed with me!

Probably a mix of both, to be honest! Love the username!

Jilly-Boe
21-06-15, 10:02
Probably a mix of both, to be honest! Love the username!

Thanks, i got too drunk one evening and forgot how to say my own name. It's Billy-joe though that was apparently too difficult for me.

I know how you feel in regards to feeling much older than you really are. I turn 24 in a few months and feel about 124 also. I'm also usually the rock to all of my friends with the wisest of words for any situation. I'm struggling with this whole 'talking about me and my issues' business.

Hope you're feeling a little better since joining NMP. Always here for a chat if you need it.