PDA

View Full Version : Can trapped wind be bad for you

zx123
21-06-15, 19:07
I have been having trapped wind for a while now and today it was particularly bad. Can it cause any more serious problems or is it just uncomfortable?

tmckenzie-orr
21-06-15, 19:10
I had it too a couple of days ago after some
New medication obviously it can if its left for ages and ages but go to tesco tomorrow buy yourself some prune juice and some green tea your soon be going

Fishmanpa
21-06-15, 19:30
definitely uncomfortable. The only danger I know of are the noxious fumes upon release!

Positive thoughts

Strawberry_3
21-06-15, 22:12
No it cannot :) It can be mighty uncomfortable and sometimes incredibly painful but it'll 'release' itself eventually. It's not dangerous :)

zx123
21-06-15, 22:19
Thanks for the replies,
I never used to have problems with this but I've been having it quite a bit over the last year.

MyNameIsTerry
22-06-15, 05:41
No, it won't be. It could just be a symptom of your anxiety or maybe something like IBS.

There is a possibility of diet so try to look at that too.

I know you have obsessions based on needing to go and this could be adding to the bloating so try to get some help for you anxiety and this could ease off too. You could be increasing your wind issues through your anxiety and the need to make sure you have gone and I remember when I went through a spate of that, I would be checking for possible need for a bowel movement so be wary of any compulsions in there and try to cut them down.

When I had a load of bloating from a mild IBS flare up last year I found that peppermint tea really helped.