PDA

View Full Version : Bacterial Meningitis Fear

Emmapony
21-06-15, 20:17
I'm a uni student and i recently went to visit my friend at her uni. I shared a cigarette with somebody (I don't smoke normally) and I googled what you can get from doing this and bacterial meningitis came up. I've heard it can kill within hours and because i'm young i'm at a high risk of getting it.
I had the Meningitis C vaccine and booster but I know there is another strain. How likely is it to get bacterial meningitis from this? I'm really worried and I can't sleep and keep getting bad headaches. This was on wednesday! Thank you

Gary A
21-06-15, 20:42
If you had bacterial meningitis from Wednesday you'd know all about it by now. The chances of contracting meningitis from sharing a cigarette is ridiculously low, and in all honesty if you're going to be that paranoid about doing something like that then I suppose kissing and shaking people's hands is out of the question as well?

You don't have meningitis, get some rest and put it out of your head.

Fishmanpa
21-06-15, 20:43
You don't have meningitis, get some rest and put it out of your head.

^^^That^^^

Positive thoughts

Davit
22-06-15, 00:46
If you have meningitis you can not put your chin on your chest, your spine won't bend.

Emilym80
22-06-15, 03:19
If you had meningitis you'd be ridiculously sick. Also, young people get it more because they tend to share things a lot more (drinks, bodily fluids etc), so actually being young doesn't mean you're more likely to get it, only if you regularly engage in certain behaviours.