PDA

View Full Version : Long Time No See!

sun-shine
22-06-15, 08:57
well well well !!:D:D:D

its been a long time since I visited the site that got me through some very tough, sad & anxiety ridden times! I don't get on here a lot at all, but that does NOT mean I don't think about and/or that i'm not thankful for everything it & the members have done. :yesyes:

I guess i'm here just to update & summarise the past year or so. If you aren't familiar with me or my story, I developed anxiety I guess at a very young age. in-fact I believe I was born with it & that it runs through me like blood. I didn't start getting as effected by it as horrifically as I did until around 2011 (I think?) :wacko:

depression, anxiety, health anxiety (my main issue) low confidence, low self esteem, broke down, bullied, hate, loath, scared, frightened, sick, tired, exhausted, death, dying... just a few words to describe me at my lowest. :scared15:

but here I am after many a stroke, heart attacks, brain cancers, leg cancers, heart diseases ( not really it was all in my head ) but hey that's what the health anxiety did to me.:unsure:

I have come so close, yet i'm still so far, but i'm way better then I ever was back then. days can still be a war, not so much with my health anxiety (although I do have my moments lol) but more so with general anxiety as a whole, and the daily war against the mirror and outside world and myself continues... but with fab friends around me who all accept me for me & support me through my dark as well as my sunshine days! I battle on. :blush:

I've not had the best year, many many sad times, deaths & heartbroken moments. but I've also had some fab times! new life, new prospects, new friends and memories made. :flowers:

I guess i'm here also to reassure, give comfort in the fact that anxiety, depression and all that horrid stuff does get better in time. with hard work and faith its possible to get back on your feet. some even get rid completely, others like myself are always a 'work in progress' and battle on regardless and take the bad with the good. with hopes that it doesn't rear its ugly head!:doh:

I have loads of say but I don't want to bore anyone, I just wanted everyone to know that im still here, still plodding on & still love you all! I have some lovely memories of this place with many ups and downs along the way!

keep the faith everyone, it will get ugly before it gets beautiful!! live in hope :hugs:

x x x Sun-shine x x x

t0rt01se36
22-06-15, 11:32
Welcome back Sun - shine and I'm so pleased that you are getting better.

Your post has made me look at my Anxiety differently and I'm gonna try to not avoid things, just because I'm thinking negatively.

Keep up the good work!

blue moon
23-06-15, 03:00
Hello sun-shine good to hear you are well:yesyes:
Petra x:flowers:

Rennie1989
29-06-15, 19:23
I have come so close, yet i'm still so far, but i'm way better then I ever was back then

But look at where you have come now. Remember that you can progress and get better and the road to recovery is getting ever shorter. Well done.