PDA

View Full Version : Pain in chest!

OGNinjaDon
22-06-15, 20:23
Hi all,

I occasionally get a pain in my chest which, due to suffering from health anxiety, I deem to be the worst possible thing ever.

Facts about me: I'm 24, average build (10st 5ft 7") I eat a lot of crap and smoke around 12 cigs a day.

I get varying chest pains, some explained here:

- Sharp pains at various areas (not too worried as these are usually muscle)
- Dull ache around the center for long periods of time
- Burning sensation and tightness

I have a few opinions of my own, this could either be a muscle issue, a gastro-reflux issue or a heart issue.

I am fairly young with no known heart disease issues in the family, I do smoke however. I am writing this as I have felt the (dull ache/burning sensation) in the dead center of my chest all day, usually gets slightly worse after eating.

I have had gastro-reflux before and it is nasty, but i can always tell what it feels like, it has never felt like this before if this is what it is.

Any suggestions? Ive had blood pressure and 'listening' tests done at docs and they have no worries, i occasionally get PVC's which vary on different days with no real cause.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Fishmanpa
22-06-15, 20:44
At your age, it's very, very, very unlike to be a heart issue. Most certainly, a muscle or reflux issue is more likely the culprit especially in light of your admitted poor eating habits.

That being said, you will have health issues if you continue to smoke and eat poorly. Quit smoking and get healthy. You're young enough to start now and prevent issues later on in life.

Positive thoughts

OGNinjaDon
22-06-15, 21:10
Thanks for the reply. I will quit, no more excuses.

SimonB
24-06-15, 01:26
I get this ALL the time, I think it's definitely eating crap and generally not looking after myself, I guess the anxiety makes us think it's something more sinister.