PDA

View Full Version : Fear of Flying-now dental treatment!

bubbleblitt
30-01-07, 19:03
Hi, I have suffered for years with an acute fear oflfying.Once I even bottled out of a flight and last year I was really panicking for a month before we flew to America.I decided that this year iIwould simply not fly just to have some time without feeling so scared and now I seem to have developed a fear of dental treatment.This is a really frightening development because I was never nervous of dentists before.I am absolutely terrified that I may start to feel like this about every day things, Bubbleblitt

traciec39
31-01-07, 00:16
well done with the flying fear (i have that too).
Like you i then developed dental fear, however ive hated my crooked teeth for years always smiling with my mouth shut.
Last sept my hubby paid for me to have all my front teeth drilled away and veneered, oh my god....the fear...i never thought i could go through it!
My dentist was so understanding, i told him about my panic and health anxiety, he said that he would do it all in one sitting=6hr 45 mins!!!!
he also gave me some diazapam 5mg, he went slowly with me and i can honestly tell you that after the 1st hour i was quite calm.
I have to go back soon to have my front tooth nerve removed, ok im not looking forward to it at all, but i know that i can do it.
practice some deep breathing whilst in the dentist chair, and find a dentist that understands panic.....you will get through it hunni xxx

remember no one likes the dentist!!!!!!

I CAN, I WILL , I AM

bubbleblitt
01-02-07, 12:58
Hi Tracie, well done for going through with all the dental work and good luck for your next visit! I am toying witht the idea of going on fear of flying course but just the thought of it is very scary! Will let you know here how i get on if I do go ahead with it.I hate being ruled by my anxiety, Bubbleblitt