PDA

View Full Version : new bruise

crazymum25
23-06-15, 21:36
Ok noticed another bruise today this time red and purpule that's eight on one leg I keep going doctors I've had full blood count ... All ok I don't get it I went too the walk in too be turned down only option and I wouldn't have worried but long with my headaches and this bruise different in colour !!! I'm so worried now come on this is normal so worried its leukemia or cancer my bones been crunching too ....

---------- Post added at 21:30 ---------- Previous post was at 21:26 ----------

Googled too ....oh god I'm scared two brown bruises one yellow one red and red and purple one with blood dots in it

---------- Post added at 21:36 ---------- Previous post was at 21:30 ----------

Bump

venusbluejeans
23-06-15, 22:13
I get new bruises all the time that I have no idea how I have got them and bruises always differ in colour from one bruise to another

crazymum25
23-06-15, 22:24
This is weird

lyndau63
23-06-15, 23:41
Glad you said that, Emmz. I have been worrying a bit about a bruise too. It suddenly appeared on my tummy for no reason. I wondered whether it was from holding one of my grandchildren and their foot accidently bruised me but didn't remember anything happening.

Gary A
24-06-15, 00:09
This is weird

I agree. It's weird how in the space of a week, you've went from a urine infection, to an iron deficiency, to a brain tumour and now to leukemia and bone cancer.

Very weird indeed.

crazymum25
24-06-15, 06:02
Still worried about all three it all could be linked I'm going doctors today headaches still and bruises and I lost two stone in two weeks not lying my bones are sticking out ... I started off at 110 on the scales now 64 that's since my health anxiety I was 14 stone now 9 ish .... X

Fishmanpa
24-06-15, 13:13
I lost two stone in two weeks not lying my bones are sticking out ... I started off at 110 on the scales now 64 that's since my health anxiety I was 14 stone now 9 ish .... X

Wow!...I have to call you on that. 2 stone in 2 weeks? 28lbs in 14 days?? 110 to 64 on the scales... almost half your body weight? No way! Even during the worst of my cancer treatment, I didn't lose weight at that rate and I was only taking in little bits of liquid nutrition, had poisons coursing through my veins burning up calories and was literally cooking from rads. No, I believe your real illness is causing you to see and believe things that aren't there.

If you go to the doctor and they don't admit you after seeing that? I wouldn't know what to say. If what you're saying is even remotely true, a doctor would admit you to the hospital to keep you from starving to death! I had to have a feeding tube put in to keep me from losing any more weight. I took 100% of my nutrition by that tube for over a month and was barely able to keep my weight. Based on what you're saying, you would be in pretty serious condition or worse IMO.

Positive thoughts

crazymum25
24-06-15, 13:20
I'm so sorry too hear you have cancer awlful ..... Sorry my gosh ..... That's a fear of mine along with many yes I've lost tons of weight got bruises and headaches so I'm convinced something up my eating manners are still bad I mean I love cake ... In eating the same amount of food !!! More even yet waights dropping !!! Crazy

Gary A
24-06-15, 13:41
I believe you're missing the point. Fishmanpa is saying that even he didn't lose that amount of weight while receiving aggressive treatment for cancer. Now, you know and I know that, quite frankly, you made that weight loss up, didn't you?

If you want anyone to take you seriously, you need to stop exagerating the extent of your physical maladies. I don't want to call anyone a liar, but to be blunt, I have a hard time believing most of what you write.

Doctors are humans, they are humans who are both rushed for time and under pressure to make appropriate diagnosis to, often, very serious and life threatening illnesses. You seem to be not only yanking chains on this forum, but doing so to a whole host of doctors. One day that patience will run out.

Trust me, you don't want to be in that place, so please, try to be truthful.

wnsos
24-06-15, 14:06
If you've had a fbc that came back clean, you don't have leukaemia. To top it off and add to what the boys have said, if you know you have anxiety, why are you not tackling that? When I was really poorly (and I remember this of others too) it was hard for us to admit it was anxiety, to know it was anxiety, but if you do and you've been diagnosed with it, no offence but i find it so hard to believe you actually think you have this stuff?

Also maybe you had kg set on the scales instead of lbs? Just a thought.

I hope you get help for your anxiety.

crazymum25
24-06-15, 16:20
No it was at the doctors every time I weigh in there even they are shocked with my weight loss .... Its the bruises um getting that's making me think of leukemia as it can be an indication because a long with the headaches n sharp pains I'm getting bone pains and waking up with bruises I'm not doing anything too accumulate these bruises ... So that's the point I'm making my food habits are the same no sense of having this problem is what I'm saying ....

---------- Post added at 16:20 ---------- Previous post was at 16:10 ----------

Fully aware I'm having anxiety symptoms too fully understand that .... As I'm suffering from health anxiety and general anxiety for years I thought I was crazy but no I'm not ... I'm normal ..... Just fear the unknown even my dad pointed out that he wasn't happy with the look of my bruise I'm sorry but obviously the full blood count was wrong or confused .... With someone else's because it does happen I've also had a full body sexual screening including HIV etc too be sure I will always try look after mydslf the best way I know how but .... After all we know our own bodies the best right so I do believe something is wrong I'm not saying it for attention but everyone knows on here if you tell the doctor about health anxiety they do not actually listen or treat you !!

Gary A
24-06-15, 16:42
Sorry, no, I don't know that at all. Anxiety is an illness and doctors have to treat it the same way they treat heart problems or diabetes.

You have had blood tests that you refuse to believe are yours, you've been to repeated hospital visits that always turn up nothing, you've been referred for an endoscopy that you complain about having to do. I'll ask again, what do you want from people? Even after testing you'll just say a mistake has been made or a dog pissed on your results and smudged them or whatever. So, what's the point? What exactly are you looking for?

You're now insisting that you've lost two stones in weight in two weeks but your doctor is dismissing this? Utter nonsense. You would be admitted to hospital immediately and given a barrage of diagnostic tests to see what the hell was causing this. Be honest, what did your doctor say when you were found to have lost all this weight in that short time?

Lilac58
24-06-15, 17:23
So you are weighed at every doctors visit and in the last two weeks you have lost 28lbs and they have offered no investigation as to what is going on?

Unintentional weight loss is a red flag and never ignored.

Are you always attending your own practice so that they have all your records? It beggars belief that they would see such a weight loss and do nothing.

Have you discussed your health anxiety with your doctor today?

worrywart29
24-06-15, 23:34
I must admit I was one of your biggest supporters that is until you posted about this dramatic weight loss. For u to say you are eating as much as always and weight is just dropping off of you is absurd. Doctors would have been alarmed by this sudden and drastic weight loss, there is no way they would have dismissed it and sent you home. Im beginning to hope that you are not making up issues that's not really there. Health anxiety is a disgusting illness and those of us going through it don't find it funny in the least. If your illness is causing you to exaggerate in search of sympathy please seek help it can't be easy living like this everyday.

lyndau63
24-06-15, 23:49
My doctor is brilliant and takes me very seriously, even to the point of making sure that another doctor is looking out for me whilst she is on holiday, should I need help.

MyNameIsTerry
25-06-15, 05:39
You said you went from 110 to 64 pounds. Thats 7.86 stone to 4.57 stone.

But in the same post you said you went from 14 stone to 9 stone. Thats 196 pounds and 126 pounds.

At 196 pounds, you would be overweight but a 70 pound drop would be a massive feat. Even going from the 110 to 64 would be 46 pounds which is a hell of a lot. Its not 2 stone though as thats 28 pounds.

At 4.57 stone it would put you below the underweight category for someone who is 4 foot 10 inches. So, I think, aside from the weight loss alone, a doctor would need to take steps because this is like someone with a serious eating disorder.

GP's can be bad, but in more serious cases it is far less common than in the more mundane things where mistakes seem a lot more common. But I would hope that a GP would speak to you about getting you help with an eating disorder service or if a walk-in centre, they should be calling your GP as you are surely an "at risk" case.

However, you seem confused about your numbers here. Scales can be wrong, anyone who has stood on an electronic one with wet feet can tell you that! If they used the old fashioned ones with a counterbalance, they are accurate as long as the person doing it does it right.

You could maybe has misread it?

Weigh yourself again and see what current weight you are. 9 stone can be a healthy weight for someone up to 6 feet tall.

There are likely various things out there that can cause such extreme weight loss, as well as cancer treatments, but I think you would be very ill if you had them. I know someone who lost 2 stone in 2 weeks with norovirus and she was quite ill! Bare in mind too that its just water loss at first and can rebound, hence why people seem to lose a lot at first (as well as factoring in that the more overweight, the sharper the decrease will be) .

swajj
25-06-15, 08:42
I believe you're missing the point. Fishmanpa is saying that even he didn't lose that amount of weight while receiving aggressive treatment for cancer. Now, you know and I know that, quite frankly, you made that weight loss up, didn't you?

If you want anyone to take you seriously, you need to stop exagerating the extent of your physical maladies. I don't want to call anyone a liar, but to be blunt, I have a hard time believing most of what you write.

Doctors are humans, they are humans who are both rushed for time and under pressure to make appropriate diagnosis to, often, very serious and life threatening illnesses. You seem to be not only yanking chains on this forum, but doing so to a whole host of doctors. One day that patience will run out.

Trust me, you don't want to be in that place, so please, try to be truthful.

Economical with the truth sounds better than liar. :winks:

---------- Post added at 17:12 ---------- Previous post was at 17:10 ----------

btw crazymum how's the therapy going?

crazymum25
25-06-15, 09:10
Ok people I'm not lying I've lost a hell of a lot .... Since I've been told I'm suffering from health anxiety around four months ago .... I've lost five stone ... That's over a stone a month no one is taking it seriously .... Yeah I do not have a eating disorder ... I eat carbs n meat like a trooper I dislike anything healthy and live off choc so obviously ...... I'm concerned yes and about bruises and headaches I go once a week too the doctors very least just too keep check on myself .... I've been proscribed anti acids for my hernia in my throat ... Thrush cream for thrush ... Anti biotics for uti....n some stuff for hay fever for headaches ..... As the migraine tablets don't work .. . I don't know what else too say weighed myself this morining 87 now.... No idea what too do along with another bruise people commenting how well I look I dont feel it I want too be big again ?!!! Frustrated

MyNameIsTerry
25-06-15, 09:33
So, if that is 87 pounds, you have actually gained 23 pounds or that previous weigh-in can't be right.

In terms of losing weight, its measurable and if they have been tracking it, they can see the pattern that no one on here can which means it can only be resolved by talking to them as its a tangible trend.

The 5 stone doesn't fit in with any of these figures because you said you went from 14 to 9 stone, hence the 5 stone, but 9 stone doesn't match to the 64 or 87 pounds. So, at some point one or more of these figures has to be wrong. If they have been weighing you at each visit (which would possibly indicate an issue because why would they be doing it?) then they will have them on file so you can go through them to understand the real trend here.

I wasn't saying you had an eating disorder by the way, just that someone who weighed so little (which was 4.57 stone) who be extremely thing, as in anorexia nervosa, and should immediately warn any GP to intervene.

Gary A
25-06-15, 09:34
So, what did your doctor say to you when it was revealed youd lost two stone in two weeks? If they did anything other than admit you to hospital then you should make a complaint. You should then take yourself directly to hospital and they'll admit you right away to prevent you starving to death.

Alternatively, you could just admit that you're exagerating the extent of your weight loss. Here's a hint, none of us are stupid, we all know fine well that with that level of weight loss you'd be in hospital in a very bad way.

You are dancing round this now and it's becoming tedious.

Fishmanpa
25-06-15, 12:55
So, if that is 87 pounds, you have actually gained 23 pounds or that previous weigh-in can't be right.

In terms of losing weight, its measurable and if they have been tracking it, they can see the pattern that no one on here can which means it can only be resolved by talking to them as its a tangible trend.

The 5 stone doesn't fit in with any of these figures because you said you went from 14 to 9 stone, hence the 5 stone, but 9 stone doesn't match to the 64 or 87 pounds. So, at some point one or more of these figures has to be wrong. If they have been weighing you at each visit (which would possibly indicate an issue because why would they be doing it?) then they will have them on file so you can go through them to understand the real trend here.

I wasn't saying you had an eating disorder by the way, just that someone who weighed so little (which was 4.57 stone) who be extremely thing, as in anorexia nervosa, and should immediately warn any GP to intervene.

You can't make sense of it because there is no sense to it! I'm afraid we're dealing with what is IMO, a rather severe situation. One only need revisit posts and how they vary and change (spelling, punctuation, continuity etc.). The OP once responded to another member and I commented how lucid and rational the response was compared to her other posts.

I just don't know what could be said in this medium to truly help.

Positive thoughts

MyNameIsTerry
25-06-15, 13:41
Very true, FMP

steph25
25-06-15, 14:13
I've got a massive bruise on my leg, don't know where it came from but we all get them.

I've been there, done that with health anxiety. I used to search these forums day in day out but for the past few months I've been much better and only been on to check on other people, not because I'm worrying.

At my worst point I had headaches everyday for about six months and I didn't believe my doctor but he kept on telling me it was stress and it eventually went. I know you said that we all know our own bodies but I thought I did but I was wrong. You really need to start trusting your doctors.

I don't want to sound unsympathetic because I do know what it's like but there becomes a point where you really have to start listening to people and start helping yourself.

crazymum25
25-06-15, 17:17
I don't know what too say here .. Other than ok .. I have a problem but also a concern with my weight n bruises is that so hard too understand .... No!?? Didn't think so obviously doctor hasn't got a clue bit Like that beautiful 18 year old who passed with bowl cancer went doctor everyday told them she thinks she has bowel cancer they told her too stop googling guess what she died that's hurendous they didn't take her seriously because of her anxiety and age within six months she died!!!!!!!!

Gary A
25-06-15, 17:59
I didn't see that story. Do you have a link to it please?

nomorepanic
25-06-15, 18:03
Maybe your weight loss is getting confused between lbs and kgs as someone else said.

If you lost weight that quickly they would do something about it. I know this because I lost a lot of weight when I had a crohn's flare-up and they put me on a high calorie liquid diet to put the weight back on.

As for the bruises I get them all the time too and I have been told that it can be caused by the skin being very dry near the surface so even the slightest of knocks burst the blood vessels.

I am actually at a higher risk than you for leukaemia because of the medication I am on for my crohn's which can lead to it.

I was given a blood test for clotting which came back normal and now I have some emollient cream that i have to rub on my legs and arms every night to soften the skin more. Maybe you could ask about the clotting blood test or the cream.

Some people just bruise more easily than others.

nomorepanic
25-06-15, 18:03

Don't read it Gary - it will just make you feel worse if you suffer with HA

crazymum25
25-06-15, 18:05
It will make you feel bad I read it on fb then the paper poor woman !!! Had numerous blood clotting tests means nothing !!!

Gary A
25-06-15, 18:16
I'm skeptical that you even read such a story. Certainly, a quick Google search brings up nothing of the sort. There is one about a 19 year old who was presumed to have IBS, but at no point does it say she was dismissed because she had anxiety, and in fact, it says she was ordered to have routine blood tests but because they weren't put forward as urgent, she never recieved them.

Please tell me you aren't making this up.

steph25
25-06-15, 18:28
Sometimes these things happen and it's tragic and horrific when it does but in general, doctors do an amazing job.

If you really lost as much weight as you say you have you would have been refereed to hospital. I do think the others are right about getting confused with weights, they seem different everytime and don't add up.

As far as I'm aware that bowel cancer in a 18 year old is practically unheard of so you can understand why it wasn't immediately tested for. I don't know how old you are but leukemia or bone cancer can happen at any age and if your doctor even thought it then he'd refer you.

People do understand your worries but I think the main problem is that you have been to the doctors and you just don't believe them and that's frustrating because there is nothing else your doctor or we can to do reassure you that you're going to be okay.

I suffer from health anxiety and always think the worst case scenario, but these things are also causes of sudden weight loss, not just cancer: viral infection (such as CMV or HIV), gastroenteritis, parasite infection, depression, bowel diseases, and overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism). There are many other reasons why you could be losing weight and I wouldn't be surprised if it was stress.

Fishmanpa
25-06-15, 18:29

There's really no reason to post it and all it would be is a trigger to others.

There are examples of similar cases all over the net and the fact is, doctors do make mistakes now and again. They're human after all. That being said, they take an oath to do their best to help others and in the big picture, cases like the aforementioned are very few and far between as to not be concerned with them.

Back to this situation. IMO, there's much more going on here than meets the eye and I stand by my statement in being able to offer any viable help via this medium.

Positive thoughts

steph25
25-06-15, 18:31
I'm skeptical that you even read such a story. Certainly, a quick Google search brings up nothing of the sort. There is one about a 19 year old who was presumed to have IBS, but at no point does it say she was dismissed because she had anxiety, and in fact, it says she was ordered to have routine blood tests but because they weren't put forward as urgent, she never recieved them.

Please tell me you aren't making this up.

I will back crazymum25 up with this one, I have seen the story but they did presume it was IBS. She went to the doctors five times but saw a different doctor each time.

The reason it was in the news is because it's rare this happens but they are human and do get things wrong sometimes, it happens but not that often.

Gary A
25-06-15, 18:37
That's the one I saw. At no point does it say the person told them she had bowel cancer, at no point does it say she was told to stop googling, and at no point does it say she was dismissed because of her anxiety. This may very we'll be the one she's talking about, but why add all that stuff to it?

steph25
25-06-15, 19:44
That's the one I saw. At no point does it say the person told them she had bowel cancer, at no point does it say she was told to stop googling, and at no point does it say she was dismissed because of her anxiety. This may very we'll be the one she's talking about, but why add all that stuff to it?

I don't know, the only reason I can think of it to make it sound more dramatic.

worrywart29
25-06-15, 20:41
I did read the story where the girl was told to stop googling she's not lying about that one.

Lilac58
25-06-15, 20:46
If you think your doctor 'doesn't have a clue' or more than one doctor. What can you do?
You are entitled to a second opinion. Request referral to a consultant. Make a complaint if you feel your treatment is poor. Save up the cake money for a private appointment. Stop reading rubbish.

All better options than fading away to nothing, surely?

crazymum25
25-06-15, 21:59
I'm not lying full stop ...... I'm just saying my point .... I'm sorry

Lilac58
25-06-15, 22:05
Not accusing you of lying at all.

But if things have got so bad that you are deteriorating so fast, you need to do something. You have children, yes? So if your current medical care is so poor and you genuinely believe that your life is in danger, then you have to take action to save yourself.

MyNameIsTerry
25-06-15, 22:38
Gary,

I don't know about that particular case but there was another one recently that Nic deleted where a rare form of cancer returned and the family were stating they were not getting answers from the doctors. The title was to stop Googling but that was only because one of the doctors made that statement to the mother when she had actually obtained her information from a government backed source.

A sad case but a rare cancer and a rare case that is being pursued as a complaint.

These things happen, they are usually discussed away from the HA board though.

Given all your knowledge seen in your posts, you seem very much in control of your triggers so maybe it won't be an issue for you to read them but I think many on here could struggle with it.

---------- Post added at 22:38 ---------- Previous post was at 22:35 ----------

Maybe your weight loss is getting confused between lbs and kgs as someone else said.

If kg is being mistaken then we are talking overweight as opposed to under with numbers but some of them would come closer to the 14 stone point mentioned.

lyndau63
25-06-15, 22:47
I definitely will NOT read it. It would be bond to set me off so I would advise others with HA to avoid it too. Interesting what you said about the spelling, mark. I was wondering how she could spell the more complex words but not be able to use the correct 'to' and other simple spellings...(Sorry , this is the literacy teacher in me that won't retire! I really struggle not to comment on these things as I know that this is not the point of the forum and people who are anxious can easily make mistakes anyway.)

Gary A
26-06-15, 00:29
I guess I wasn't thinking straight when asking for a link to the story, but it really wasn't with intent of the OP actually producing a link, as I said, I was skeptical about her even having read the story.

Of course I know these things happen, but for me it was all a bit too well suited with the whole "they told her to stop googling" and "they dismissed her because she had anxiety" stuff. The OP has reported a number of these freak occurrences, and either she's exagerating the stories, or, going out of her way to find them and bringing them here. Either way, it's regretable behaviour.

The best thing for me to do is just leave it alone now, as frankly, I have a hard time believing anything the OP writes, especially after the whole weight thing.

Apologies to anyone who's anxiety I triggered, I assure you that was not my intent.

swajj
26-06-15, 05:20
You don't need to apologise Gary. You are only expressing things that other posters are thinking but not saying. The problem with the op's threads and posts is that they are all so dramatic. She (assuming crazymum is a she) knows exactly what type of responses she is going to receive and yet she does nothing to curb her hysteria. Another person would at least try to be a bit calmer because genuine HA sufferers want to be listened to and reassured. It's as if the OP thinks "what can I say to get them going next" and then she gets exactly the type of responses she hopes for. We never see anything positive from this op eg "I finally got over that UTI I had for a month". Why would we - there is no drama in that. Oh wait, I almost forgot she did make that positive comment about how beautiful she is and she was upbeat when she got that personality disorder diagnosis... I'll ask crazymum again - how is the therapy going?"

sarahsparkleshine
26-06-15, 15:56
Hey swajj that's exactly correct. I've read not only this post but many of crazymums posts. I am beginning to wonder if she is lying just to get us hypochondriacs going. The posts never make sense, she never seems to listen to anyone on here or any medical professionals for that matter, and she disease hops like a rabbit on speed. I will just ignore her, as should everyone else that is annoyed or that doesn't believe her. I believe she has a serious mental illness.

MyNameIsTerry
26-06-15, 23:10
Has anyone seen my spelling mistakes? I'm actually a good speller, always have been, but I'm a fast typer too and I come unstuck this way. I end up reading some of my posts later and wonder what on earth made me do it.

Gary, you haven't triggered anyone. If you had, the whole HA board would be far more guilty of it!

If people find the OP's threads a problem, it's best you look after your own health and leave them if you feel that way.