PDA

View Full Version : My heart is making my life a misery

TheMusicGuy6
24-06-15, 00:56
Or it's my anxiety. When I have an anxiety attack, I think it's my heart that's going to stop, when I have a slight pain anywhere, I think it's my heart.

So the past week I've become more aware of my heart rate again, checking it all the time, etc. as usual, sometimes it's faster sometimes it's slower, and I always worry about it.

All day I've had pains in my left arm, fingers, shoulder and jaw, and I had an anxiety attack about an hour ago. I'm not stressed about anything, so am I having heart issues? Really what is it? :(
Can anxiety affect me subconsciously? Do I have to FEEL anxious, to suffer from anxiety??

Carnation
24-06-15, 01:05
The best thing is to get your blood pressure checked by your GP and that will put your mind at rest.
I too get sharp pains in my arms, shoulders and hands for no reason and it could be the Anxiety doing this.
After calling 111 once, they told me if I can put my arms above my head and I am normal body temperature, then I am ok. :shrug:
I get it soooo much, that I just ignore it now. If it was my heart, then I have nearly
died about 200 times!!

TheMusicGuy6
24-06-15, 01:14
Thanks for the advice! I've been to get and ECG done in the last 7 months, the nurse was shocked that I was so young and was having one done, it came back all clear.
one question, why does anxiety make us feel like we're having heart attacks?!

Carnation
24-06-15, 01:36
Mainly adrenaline. That's why it is good to do walking and exercise.
Anxiety is worse if you sit for long periods of time.
Most Anxiety sufferers have more symptoms when they are doing absolutely nothing.

---------- Post added at 01:36 ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 ----------

The 'Fear', brings on the attack and the Mind goes in to overdrive pushing lots of adrenaline round our body with nowhere to escape.
It might not even be a conscious thought because it is normally our sub-conscious mind that brings on symptoms or attack.
Diverting your thoughts or keeping the Mind busy with other stuff helps.
Even singing can help. And singing is good for breathing too.
Lets face it, if you are singing, you can't be having a heart attack.

white1989
08-07-15, 15:43
TheMusicGuy6,

I have been suffering for the exact same thing for a really long time too. You're not alone - and I refuse to believe anyone when they tell me I don't have a serious heart condition! I constantly think im on the edge of a heart attack/stroke - despite the fact I am a 25 year old female with no medical problems (other than all this!). it is so debilitating and I totally feel your pain - I can guarantee that what you are suffering with is anxiety related - hope your ecg came back clear. hang on in there, its good to know we're not alone!

ohwell123
08-07-15, 16:49
you have health anxiety it feeds itself you get symptoms you activate the worry button and your body floods hormones into your blood stream thinking your about to have a fight or run but your not your just sitting there telling your body something is wrong

its such a crafty little ******* that once you get used to one symptom youll get new symptoms

id go and discuss it with your doc and start a dose of anti-anxiety meds within 4 weeks youll feel better

or you could just do what I did for years and get totally pissed every night that sort of cures it at the time!!!!:yesyes: we wont discuss how youll feel the day after though pmsl