PDA

View Full Version : Colon Cancer Fears?

SOBAY310
24-06-15, 21:24
Had my physical today, everything was great and I was about to skip out of the doctors office. I brought up the hemorrhoids issue that I do every year and explained that every now and again there is bright red blood in the bowl. Every year the doctor says it's hemmoroids. I've had this issue for like 7 years. I don't have any other symptoms.

Well, guess what? He now wants me to have a colonoscopy at the age of 34! He said it's just to rule out anything serious. What the heck? I was feeling like a million bucks, now I'm back to square one and a nervous wreck.

Thanks for hearing me out. :(

JustJoe25
24-06-15, 22:16
By the sounds of it the doctor is doing this for your worries and not because of his. If you had this happening for 7 years it's certainly not colon cancer as you would of had other symptoms a lot sooner. I certainly understand why you would be worried but without any other symptoms I would just try to relax. It's not like this is a new change for you. I'm sure you are fine. :)

SOBAY310
24-06-15, 22:25
Appreciate the reply.

It was just weird how he mentioned it. Almost in a passing but serious "you should do this" tone. Left me conflicted. Anyways, called to make the oscopy appt and the consultation appt isn't available until late July. Great, a whole month of worrying and visits to Dr. Google.

Love ya guys!

Gary A
24-06-15, 22:46
I think that's only sensible given that you've had the symptoms a while. At 34 it's highly unlikely to be cancer, but there could be nodules and things that may one day turn into something nasty, and it's benificial, obviously, to have anything like that removed before that ever has a chance of happening.

I really wouldn't worry too much.

SOBAY310
25-06-15, 00:40
I'm just seriously so pissed. I finally have been living without much anxiety for a while and was feeling great listening to the doctor say how my ekg is good, blood pressure good, everything good, good, good.

Now him mentioning that the blood I see when I go #2 may not be from hemmy's and may be something more serious. Have any of you dealt with blood when you go poop for a long period of time and have it turn out not to be serious? I'm 34 and I swear it's been like this since I was 25. I'm wondering if it's something that should be cleared up that's why he's sending me? He was just very vague, which makes me more nervous.

Sorry for the ramble, just a little bent right now.

---------- Post added at 16:40 ---------- Previous post was at 16:37 ----------

The scariest thing is that I feel fine and when you google colon cancer I'm finding many people under 40 do get it and that they didn't have any symptoms either.

I bet if I didn't have 3 young daughters and a wife I wouldn't worry so much, but it's just heartbreaking. Then I think about those who actually do have cancer and are battling and I wonder what the heck my problem is.

Man I'm losing it today.