PDA

View Full Version : Saying Goodbye to NMP

sully82
25-06-15, 01:14
When I foufound this site I was in a bad place and reading here along with the comments I received made me feel like I wasn't alone in this battle. Lately though I've found I come here more for reassurance and read something that really struck me. Seeking reassurance is like an addict looking for crack. I've realized that just like I had to stop Googling my symptoms I need to stop coming here as well. Thanks everyone but I need to take a breack. If you do want to comment I'll get an email, but I'm going to try my best to back away. Good luck everyone! Don't let HA win!

Davit
25-06-15, 02:25
Come visit once in a while, that can't hurt.

MyNameIsTerry
25-06-15, 05:24
Good luck.

These forums can be bad for some people with certain types of obsessional disorders.

However, what about swapping "reassurance" for "inspiration & motivation" and ditch the issues boards in favour of the positive boards such as Success Stories?

Since being on NMP, I've always wondered why it seems the greater proportion of HA sufferers cannot be seen elsewhere on NMP. There are positive areas that can help you.

swajj
25-06-15, 08:45
You need to do what is best for you. I'm very selective about which threads I read but sometimes a thread will go in a direction you weren't expecting when you read its title.