PDA

View Full Version : HA- Lymph node in groin. scared again

anxietysmymiddlename
25-06-15, 05:01
Hello every one. I posted a few days ago about this subject. But im posting another as an update.
I felt my lymph node again. (On my right groin)
Now im freaking out. I feel it is harder! When i pressed on it hard enough i felt how hard it is or got. Not sure if rock hard hard. But very concerningly hard to me. As soon as i felt it. I paniked Ran upstairs to my mom. Started tearing up and begged her to take me to urgent care because my doctors appointment that might be made is way too far away time-wise. Im still crying a little. I cant think straight. And scared to sleep now. I afraid i will have a night sweat. I put a fan beside me to make me not have them. I still wake up from getting to cold. And as soon as soon as i do. I start to get a stomach pains. My summer has sucked so far because of my constant worries. Im scared i actually have colon cancer like i thought and it spread to my lymph node. Im so scared and tired. I am only 15 and my life is a nightmere at the moment. I also have had fatigue at random points throughout the day. So this feeds my hypochondria like a fire and gasoline. Im terrified at the moment. So teriffied that i feel it wont ever get better. Not with this constant fear of death at my age. I need help so badly. And i dont know what to do anymore. I feel sad and crazy but so convinced at the same time. :( :(

tmckenzie-orr
25-06-15, 09:33
its so so rare to have anything seriously wrong with u at 15, PLease dont worry yourself be happy and enjoy ur childhood

Gary A
25-06-15, 11:32
First off, you don't have colon cancer, the thought of a 15 year old having that is utterly absurd. Second, I'm betting your "lymph node" is actually inflamed and hardening because of your constant fiddling. Going with your previous description, it sounds completely and utterly harmless.

Also, everyone gets night sweats, especially in summer. You've probably had them on a number of occasions yourself previously, but because you weren't aware of lymphoma and its symptoms, you just ignored it.

Night sweats with lymphoma are constant and are literally you waking up drenched from head to toe in sweat. You would also be losing weight and feeling pretty dreadful if you actually did have lymphoma.

Just calm down and await your doctors appointment. Doctors see this type of thing every single day, and very rarely are these things anything at all to worry about.

anxietysmymiddlename
25-06-15, 16:13
Thanks for the replies.. its just im scared that its hard and painless like how lymphoma lymph nodes are.

Liv7117
25-06-15, 17:12
Hi I can completely relate to you. I am around your age, 16, and so far my HA has been ruining my summer. I replied to your other post on lymph nodes and I mentioned that I also have a few swollen nodes. Well, I was completely relaxed about them and then spiraled into panic on Monday. I have one on my right collarbone and I've read that these are really bad. I've been so panicky as well, and have a dr appt Saturday but begged my mom to take me to the ER because I couldn't wait. I also woke up drenched I swear this morning and fear lymphoma, so I completely understand what you are going through. Try not to worry. I've been journaling lately and find that it helps a lot, so maybe you could try that? Also try distracting yourself by doing things you enjoy. I find that in the summer my anxiety is heightened due to all the free time I have. At 15, it's highly unlikely that you have cancer. My uncle had colon cancer and he was in his 40s, and believe me you would know if you had it. You would not be healthy and there would be some major red flags. Anyway, try to distract yourself, go outside, hang out with friends, do something to take your mind off your worries:)

bhafc22
25-06-15, 17:29
My dr said that until you hit 40+ you're just almost certainly not going to get lymphoma of any kind, the study I showed you in the last topic supports it (0.4% of unexplained raised lymph nodes are cancer in under 40s). Furthermore, the node is probably getting bigger and harder because you're touching it. My right hand side which I noticed first has gotten smaller over the past few weeks. My left which I have focused on exclusively has gotten harder, more apparent (although not really any bigger, at most 1.5cm long). They both have the same consistency when I press them, but the entire left side of my neck has swollen a little, I suspect due to the constant pressure I'm putting on it. The feeling of the swelling has gone down significantly since the weekend when I was just harassing it 24/7.

Get to the dr and let them check it out. I hope we'll both come back with nothing.

anxietysmymiddlename
25-06-15, 19:16
Im going to the urgent care tomorow. (Hopefully) and im hoping its nothing bad.. i try to take my mind of it. But it just comes back. I haven't had anynore nightsweats. Havent lose weight. All i have is fatigue and sore parts of my body i think its due to my bad anxiety. There is also this bunp on the lower side of my neck ( the crease where your shoulder starts.. im worried about this too) i feel like im overreacting. But its just seems so logical to be worried. :(

bhafc22
25-06-15, 19:36
I know how you're feeling. My tonsilar nodes bilaterally came up 6 weeks ago and are yet to go away after a nasty cold/sore throat. I've had a sore throat on and off now for the past 4 weeks if I speak too much and my nodes have remained swollen, not bigger, but swollen. I've had no symptoms of Lymphoma of any kind. No sweats, extreme fatigue, weight loss, itching or raised nodes anywhere else. My nodes are mobile and everything and yet I am still convinced it's Lymphoma. Please just see someone to help your feelings.