PDA

View Full Version : Very angry and upset

MidnightCalm
25-06-15, 12:22
I've made a claim for pip and I wrote all about my condition in the booklet and I then got a letter to GO to an appointment (as an agoraphobic) I called today to tell them I can't as they sent somebody out to Me years ago to get me on ESA. She basically told me I wasn't acrophobic on the phone and was extremely snooty and wrote everything I said down in a way that made me sound like a liar because she asked if I was 100% housebound and I said it varies. I might Elbe stuck inside for a month then the next day be able to walk to the corner shop and then not be able to again or then be able to for the next 4 days but then have panic and never be able to leave the house again. "So why can't you come to the appointment it you can go out"
I haven't been outside of 2 minutes walk of my house in a long long time even on a good day. How can I go to an appointment miles away for 9am? How can I plan a time? I know I wouldn't even be able to travel that far but even if it was over the road I couldn't ever say I would do it as it can't guarantee I would get there and even if I did I wouldn't be able to stay or would run off or would vomit everywhere. Just feel terrible now.

---------- Post added at 12:22 ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 ----------

So now they're going to "see" if I can get this done at home. Why is there any question that I shouldn't have it at home? If I don't have it at home I can't get pip :S

Davit
25-06-15, 17:50
I hope you are going to file a complaint about her. She should not be in that job.

youdontknowme
26-06-15, 11:27
Sometimes professionals are just bridge trolls in disguise. It's just unfortunate that she's slobbering in front of a bridge you need to cross. I would see if you can get through to anyone else to report her, as Davit said. She should not be in any position of authority surrounding folks who are already struggling with enormous psychological difficulty.
Are there any other offices you can work with? Ones with better staff?

MyNameIsTerry
27-06-15, 05:33
Is this the ATOS lot again? If so, then a complaint should be sent in but I think you know it won't change anything and since it has taken a national campaign from the charities and people to shame the government into giving these people the boot out of their contract, you should just use the complaint to resolve your situation as this is an uncaring organisation.

Sadly, for those outside the UK, you may not know about the years of endless complaints and negative media coverage about ATOS. There have even been reports that the people conducting the assessments may have been committing offences in determining people to be fit when they are not which has lead to some calling for individual investigations (and quite rightly too!).

Who are the people doing the assessments? Many of our NHS nurses working privately for some extra cash...on commission. A large number of these assessments have been overturned by appeals, many don't even apply and you can imagine how an anxiety sufferer would feel about this, and the assessments have long been dogged by the fact they are aimed at physical illness, not mental.

Midnight Calm - have a look on the benefits board because there have been some recent threads about assessments & agoraphobia and I recall some did manage to get home visits out of it.

venusbluejeans
27-06-15, 08:48
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

ricardo
27-06-15, 10:14
I've made a claim for pip and I wrote all about my condition in the booklet and I then got a letter to GO to an appointment (as an agoraphobic) I called today to tell them I can't as they sent somebody out to Me years ago to get me on ESA. She basically told me I wasn't acrophobic on the phone and was extremely snooty and wrote everything I said down in a way that made me sound like a liar because she asked if I was 100% housebound and I said it varies. I might Elbe stuck inside for a month then the next day be able to walk to the corner shop and then not be able to again or then be able to for the next 4 days but then have panic and never be able to leave the house again. "So why can't you come to the appointment it you can go out"
I haven't been outside of 2 minutes walk of my house in a long long time even on a good day. How can I go to an appointment miles away for 9am? How can I plan a time? I know I wouldn't even be able to travel that far but even if it was over the road I couldn't ever say I would do it as it can't guarantee I would get there and even if I did I wouldn't be able to stay or would run off or would vomit everywhere. Just feel terrible now.

---------- Post added at 12:22 ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 ----------

So now they're going to "see" if I can get this done at home. Why is there any question that I shouldn't have it at home? If I don't have it at home I can't get pip :S

Not the first time I have read a post like this which apart from anything else increases your anxiety.

I have experienced two seperate incidents where I have complained.

The first was at a hospital as an out patient, where they knew I was Agroaphobic, had GAD and a recent heart attack but the consultant did a procedure on me without telling me or warning me what he was going to do, and it hurt. I reported this person as they must tell you beforehand exactly what they are going to do, and more importantly I had a letter to say it was just a consultation.

The second time I had two therapists come to my flat to assess me for further therapy and the usual trick they twisted my words when they wrote to my doctor. They said I had no trust of the NHS service yet I had mentioned the incident described below but also that the NHS cardiologist had saved my life and the nurses were fantastic when I was in intensive care. This of course was omitted from the therapists report.I was furiuos and contacted them and asked to speak to the head of the dept who phoned me back 2 weeks later and I insisted that he re wrote the letter to my GP and copied me in. He said he would, but never did.