PDA

View Full Version : Reassurance about twitches face

dittarco
25-06-15, 13:19
Can anyone please share their experiences with ongoing twitches in lip, chin, cheek etc. I get them all over (arms legs etc) but the ones in my face set off adrenaline almost automatically.

I am working hard to re-wire my thoughts but every now and then I have a bad couple of days when I am convinced I have something sinister happening to me

steph25
25-06-15, 14:15
I get twitches in my face. I have had them just under my eye, cheek and lip. I've never really thought it was anything sinister, just stress or tiredness.

Alice1
26-06-15, 00:15
So twitches are the muscles in your face, or arm or whatever body part you fancy, contacting and releasing rapidly. Motor neurons control your muscles and signals are send 'down' these motor neurons in order to control them.
The most common muscle twitches are in your eye, thumb and calf
What your experiencing are fasciculation's and they are bought on by magnesium deficiency either through excess alcohol consumption or over exertion, or relaxation periods after great stress in which the muscle has been tensed for a long time.
I would suggest eating lots of nuts, spinach and bananas and having a warm bath.
Feel better soon!

dittarco
26-06-15, 16:19
do you guys also get that vibrating/tingly feeling sometimes in the face? Can anxiety also cause this?

My twitches aren't constant.. just a twitch here and there in different spots :(