PDA

View Full Version : who gets scared of going to the doctors?

tmckenzie-orr
25-06-15, 21:19
I am going for a 2 weekly check after being prescribed the citlapram that i stopped after 2 days because of bad constipation another doctors advice, And i feel that i need to say to the doctor about my mole thats ragged edge not symetrical again even though i showed it 2 weeks ago And the other doctor said it was fine its only about 3mm-4mm tops in size, i just feel so scared i keep playing in my head thinking what if he says hes concerned about it and then i feel myself feeling sick and gets my heart racing lol, I know i am being mad but i cannot help it it automatically makes me need to go to the toilet when i think about it , I am such a coward i want to mention tablets again but then i dont want to be depentant on them i might see if can get some valium for when i am majorly bad

sial72
25-06-15, 21:40
You are not a coward, you are simply very anxious.
You are anticipating everything that will happen.
Just think, so what if I'm sick? so what if I have to go the toilet?
Doctors see all sorts of things, don't be worried, let him know about how you feel x

JustJoe25
25-06-15, 22:33
I get anxious going to the doctors. I use to never get anxious she actually get excited when I would hear I was healthy etc. Well a year ago I was going to the gym regular, eating mostly healthy but maybe a little bit too much of protein. I went for a complete blood count because I hadn't had it done in years. I figured everything will come back clear, no worries I been taking care of myself and I'm active doing 30 mins of cardio 5 days a week, lifting 5 days a week, and wrestling most Saturday's. Never heard back from the doctor so I figured hey all must of went well. Usually they call if something is wrong, at least most doctors do but this was a new doctor and I was never told or asked to call about my blood work. Well I go back 6 months later for a cough and the doc tells me my ALT (liver enzyme) was raised! What??? Then she told me my vitamin d was low. I went home crying googling everything about the liver etc. Well I came across an article of how muscular exercise can raise it so I was sure that was it or something else not serious because I'm not a heavy drinker. Since I'm been frightened to go to the doctor and feel the same way you do, like I'm a coward but that just frightened me so much. I'm only 27. I do wish I did follow up earlier even with another doctor, because now I have some spider veins but I didn't.