PDA

View Full Version : Now I think I have stomach cancer :(

Beckie4567
26-06-15, 11:55
I've had a bad stomach for about 4 weeks now I originally went and they send it was indigestion but it persists and feels worse im very gassy and burpy sorry tmi and am worried it's stomach cancer im 29 x

tmckenzie-orr
26-06-15, 11:58
sounds more like Gerd to me dont always think the worse

Fishmanpa
26-06-15, 12:37
With all due respect, you just spent the last 2+ weeks posting endlessly about cervical cancer. You've had blood work and an ultra sound which came back normal as I 100% fully expected they would. I don't doubt you're having stomach/digestive issues because you're wound up tighter than Big Ben, but it's not because of any sinister reason.

When is your first therapy session? When you begin treat your real illness, you'll begin to treat the symptoms associated with it.

Positive thoughts

Beckie4567
26-06-15, 13:32
Its tomorrow the assesment im wondering whar to expect ? Whats gerd by the way x

Fishmanpa
26-06-15, 14:47
GERD is gastroesophageal reflux disease, commonly known as acid reflux or heartburn. With many anxiety sufferers, it's chronic and may require a PPI and/or watching your diet.

My wife suffers from this (same symptoms you have... gas, burping, bloating etc.) and we kept a food diary. We found several foods that aggravated it. So restricting those foods along with a PPI, she's much better.

Positive thoughts

Beckie4567
26-06-15, 16:18
Thanks sorry whats a ppi

Fishmanpa
26-06-15, 16:39
Thanks sorry whats a ppi

It stands for proton-pump inhibitors. It's a long lasting acid reducer. Over the counter meds like Zantac, Prilosec as well as prescription meds like Omeprazole and Pantoprazole etc.

The point here is you're Ok. There's nothing serious going on. While your symptoms are uncomfortable, they can be treated with proper diet, meds as well as reducing your stress levels by treating your anxiety.

Positive thoughts

pulisa
26-06-15, 17:26
This is going to escalate......

tmckenzie-orr
26-06-15, 21:01
Fishmanpa is very clued up he knows a lot and I'm pretty sure he knows same as me u don't have stomach cancer be happy get help from doctor for gerd I'm certain it is all it is

Beckie4567
26-06-15, 21:04
I have stomach ache everydsy tho it cant be normal

wnsos
26-06-15, 21:14
Look at your diet and try to change it. Could easily be something you're eating, no matter its nutritional value. My stomach gets dodgy after I have fruit. You don't have cancer.

pulisa
26-06-15, 21:30
Neither stomach nor oesophageal cancer (google gerd and you'll come up with this)

You've got the all-clear from one cancer you thought you definitely had and straightaway you've moved onto another set of symptoms and another cancer. Please address your HA rather than your perceived symptoms-you really need some help with this

Fishmanpa
26-06-15, 21:31
I have stomach ache everydsy tho it cant be normal

:doh: It's normal for someone with severe acid reflux! Chew some Tums or drink some Mylanta or something! Start a food diary to see what foods aggravate it. IT. IS. NOT. CANCER!

Neither stomach nor oesophageal cancer (google gerd and you'll come up with this)

You've got the all-clear from one cancer you thought you definitely had and straightaway you've moved onto another set of symptoms and another cancer. Please address your HA rather than your perceived symptoms-you really need some help with this

^^^THAT!^^^

Positive thoughts

lyndau63
26-06-15, 22:36
It can certainly happen if you are anxious. Maybe it is irritable bowel I have known that to go on for weeks.

selphie
26-06-15, 23:15
I have been really anxious the last few weeks. I am having the worst tummy troubles. Cramps and diarrhea and its waking me from sleep too. I do not usually suffer with that either, but i am at the moment really bad. I am also really badly anxious, and i know its that doing it to me.

worrywart29
27-06-15, 15:05
With the recent passing of my grandmother, Ive been having terrible stomach issues. Stomach aches, acid regurgitation, nausea, and constipation. I brought up my grandmother to show the connection between stress and the stomach. It was almost instantaneous, the minute I heard she was in the hospital I became stressed and that same day the stomach issues started. The stomach easily pick up on stress. You do not have cancer if you get your anxiety in order the stomach issues will pass too.

Beckie4567
28-06-15, 08:07
I can't put up with this anymore waking up with bad stomach every day and having it all day constantly burping and trumping it can't be right somethings wrong for sure

tmckenzie-orr
28-06-15, 10:49
It's acid reflux GERD maybe even ibs it's nothing else relax go doctor get some tablets your be fine and change ur diet

---------- Post added at 10:49 ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 ----------

like i just said acid relfux (Gerd) or ibs, its very normal for one of them

Beckie4567
28-06-15, 12:44
Do u get pain going round your back tho aswell like in your side :( going bk to docs thurs how long does gerd last

lyndau63
28-06-15, 13:43
Sometimes my pain is round the side and back.

tmckenzie-orr
28-06-15, 14:47
Gerd is pretty much down to your diet and to stress, if u google what foods to cut down on and stuff, things will improve drink lots of water also if u dont already try and drink atleast 4litres-6 litres a day it really helps detox you

Fishmanpa
28-06-15, 15:18
How did the assessment go?

Positive thoughts

Beckie4567
28-06-15, 18:04
And what do u have lyn?

---------- Post added at 17:59 ---------- Previous post was at 17:57 ----------

I had my assessment and then recommended cbt online which im going to do they've also referred me in the meantime to a councillor but there's a long waiting list apparently . There's. Also a stress course which is a six week thing which they recommened which im def going to go to.
Just in pain with my stomach now for a month :(

---------- Post added at 18:04 ---------- Previous post was at 17:59 ----------

I don't think its gerd as that says heartburn in your chest and middle of your stomach where as mine is to the left under my left rib is where the pain is occasionally going. Round the back im convinced it's the worst :(

tmckenzie-orr
28-06-15, 18:58
its not cancer , at the very worst its gallstones google it its either gallstones or gerd google them not cancer its not cancer

Beckie4567
28-06-15, 19:05
Are your gallstones inder left rib and a constant pain?

tmckenzie-orr
28-06-15, 19:18
This is a comment from somebody else who had gallstones ..

"I had pain under left ribcage, went to A&E. I was told it was wind which sent my heart into over drive. Following week pain and nausea for 3 months, managed to get betterthings started to go wrong again couldn't eat, pain under left rib cage and radiating deep into the back"

Beckie4567
28-06-15, 19:25
Ok thanks I just can't help but worry :( when your on constant pain it's hard :(

---------- Post added at 19:25 ---------- Previous post was at 19:24 ----------

I don't ni how u can say it's not cancer ?

Fishmanpa
28-06-15, 19:42
I don't ni how u can say it's not cancer ?

I don't know how you can say it is! You thought you had cervical cancer for close to a year. You don't! Tests have proven that. So, in light of that, you've switched over to stomach cancer. With all the tests, it would have shown up.

You have to be totally and utterly exhausted with all the worrying you do! I know I am just reading the posts! :whistles: You've been diagnosed with indigestion... GERD! It causes the exact unpleasant symptoms you're complaining about.

Now... do something positive for a change and start working on yourself. Download the therapy courses and take control for a change. Start a food journal and find out what foods aggravate you. Talk to your doctor about a PPI or just go to the store and buy some OTC like Zantac or the like and start taking it daily. Stop Googling and posting for a while. No one can help you but yourself.

Positive thoughts

Beckie4567
28-06-15, 22:22
The tests ive had have been for other things tho ? Like blood tests pelvic scan ? I havnt had any other tests and a pelvic scan wudnt show stomach or pancreatic cancer ??

---------- Post added at 22:22 ---------- Previous post was at 20:15 ----------

What was your reply

dlou84
28-06-15, 22:31
Do cancers show on blood tests? I'm scared that I might develop it due to my regular medication (claim to be carogenic or whatever the word is!)

tmckenzie-orr
28-06-15, 22:33
There is signs by high and low red and white blood cells so yes it does show up

Beckie4567
29-06-15, 07:58
Wana cRy fed up of waking up every day like this now :(

Fishmanpa
29-06-15, 17:55
I had my assessment and then recommended cbt online which im going to do they've also referred me in the meantime to a councillor but there's a long waiting list apparently . There's. Also a stress course which is a six week thing which they recommened which im def going to go to.

Have you downloaded the courses?

Positive thoughts

Beckie4567
29-06-15, 22:02
I'm doing it now