PDA

View Full Version : one day cure

gregcool
26-06-15, 13:50
Guys i had a phone call today from my parents who know about my health.they gave me a phone number of a theropist who claims she can cure you in one sesion..my neathew went to her a year ago and paid the £200 for the one sesion.after his sesion he was his old self again.he wouldnt lie about it hes my family...im tempted to go to her,for my anxiety depression and phobias,what sort of theropist is she if she can do this.she has a website and has videos of some sesions to show her work...any thoughts ?

Soulcatcher71
26-06-15, 14:13
Not to be too negative or anything, but I'd say that was impossible.

Either that or the people she saw were only very very mild cases.

Ultimately you have to make that call though.

Hope it goes well.

gregcool
26-06-15, 14:19
Well thats what i thought to...you have a free consutation with her first..i would imagin when i tell her all my isues she will prob say it will take a few sesions.i dont have that kind of money

Soulcatcher71
26-06-15, 14:20
Yeah me neither,
At the rate she's charging, I'd need to win the lottery to be cured lol

gregcool
26-06-15, 14:39
I think your right mate..

pulisa
26-06-15, 17:22
Stay away from her, Greg.

Fishmanpa
26-06-15, 17:33
If it sounds too good to be true........

Positive thoughts

gregcool
26-06-15, 17:43
My parents are lutting alot of preasure on me to see her.there convinced she is the answer to my huge list of problems.iv told them that theropy can take weeks even months,but they are adimant she can do it in one session just because she helped my nethew ..wish my parents would understand the magnitued of my problems....its a real bloody shame i have them.because i could work full time driving,but its all over the country..that meens bridges tunnels and very long distances..im realy angry with myself for not having it in me..i thought hard about it

Fishmanpa
26-06-15, 18:09

Positive thoughts

On the other hand... if your folks paid for it, what do you have to lose?

Positive thoughts

Davit
26-06-15, 18:44
Could it be just hypnosis? Auto suggestion? You can do auto suggestion on your own and spend the money on something else.

gregcool
26-06-15, 18:55
No you dont go under from what i have heard.plus i have 12 sesions coming up soon with a theropist.she comes out to your home 1hr session..thats free.

sial72
26-06-15, 21:54
My opinion is that as long as we look for a "magic wand" cure we will never get better. We have to change our thoughts, our beliefs...big changes...and that doesn't happen in an hour.
Maybe your nephew felt better because of a placebo effect and how long ago was this?...
Sorry, I don't mean to be negative, I just think that if somebody could "cure us" in an hour, nobody would be suffering, we would all be queuing there xxx

gregcool
26-06-15, 21:57
I agree..i wont wast the money..

Bellshill one
26-06-15, 22:15
There will always be people trying to make money
out of people who are sick and vulnerable. Stay away from her. Spend the money on something nice.

MyNameIsTerry
26-06-15, 22:34
I once read about how an OCD sufferer was dealt with in one session. I haven't read about how or what or whether it was a breakthrough session but further lower level work was needed.

But before anyone says this is impossible (because I know how it sounds) this was information from the head of a leading UK OCD charity and one of the directors at The Maudsley. These guys quite publicly challenge the "guru" sector about their unrealistic claims. It was stated that this was only one case they had seen though and used to state that there are rare possibilities.

So, I see the source as credible in that case but I don't know the details.

Before I saw someone like this I would need to know the details and despite this being a qualified person, I could show you a name on the BACP register (the register the NHS approve of) who uses guru methods which contradict BACP criteria top even be on that register and the methods used have been ruled as having no evidence by a reputable self regulatory association in the UK who deal with all advertising claims.

So, regardless of training and registration, you can still have poor morals.

Not many are willing to state they can cure people at all, let alone in one session.

A question to also consider is what your nephew's issues were.

---------- Post added at 22:34 ---------- Previous post was at 22:32 ----------

On the other hand... if your folks paid for it, what do you have to lose?

Positive thoughts

I guess it depends how well off they are?

gregcool
26-06-15, 22:44
Thanks terry.well she is going to call me tomorow.so i will ask lots of questions and get as much info out of her as i can..its a dream to be cured for anyone,just sounds to good to be true.but she charges £200 for that sesion...the thing is i have these 12 sessions coming up on the NHS through the mental care team..so will be interestig to see what happens.i have many phobias and mental health.theres a lot to deal with

MyNameIsTerry
26-06-15, 23:04
I think I would expect a free consultation for this.

Hypnotherapy offers things like this for phobias but not anxiety.

Does she have a website?

Gotagetthroughthis
26-06-15, 23:22
Sounds to good to be true like others have said. I dont see how anybody can be cured in 1 session, plus its you personally who has to solve you issues, a therapist can only facilitate this and nudge you in the right direction so I don't think she can have a magic cure.

But when you are at an all time low anything is worth a try and I dont see the harm in having the free consultation to see what its all about.

Do you have a link to here website etc?

gregcool
27-06-15, 07:07
Terry.yes i will have the free 12 sedsions but will also have a quick chat with this lady to see what its all about..she does have a website.ill post it on hear latter.

gregcool
27-06-15, 11:33
This is her website

http://journey-therapy.co.uk/

MyNameIsTerry
27-06-15, 12:53

Positive thoughts

I think you would be interested to look at this given it makes claims about cancer treatment, namely the founder cured herself of cancer and this person Greg may see makes a claim that she treated a lady who was deemed inoperable to then be operable to the astonishment of her surgeon.

Its mind/body medicine and whilst I see this stuff as having possibilites in some ways (Chinese medicine for instance has Mindfulness in it), I can't see how exploring emotions and freeing them up in a part of the body will change a cancer.

Any thoughts?

---------- Post added at 12:53 ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 ----------

This is her website

http://journey-therapy.co.uk/

I think I would have to spend some time researching this one because there are some huge claims in here and I've never heard of it. Its a guru product as it seems to me and whilst these people do help people, they also tend to have no evidence behind them and the more you dig, you can find some pretty unhappy ex clients.

There are some literally massive claims in here about curing brain tumors and for me this is an equally massive alarm signal.

Her website says one session but it could be up to 3. There will be no recourse if it turns out to be a load of BS either as this is a sector that seems to have little protection other than Trading Standards.

It seems that its about "trapped" or "stuck" memories and accessing them to work through them. This isn't unique, I've seen this in other methods such as EFT. They don't charge as much though.

The founder has a link to a guy named Tony Robbins. He's well known but there are some question marks over some of his secretive practices from what I recall.

I don't like putting you off mate but I know what I think of this one.

ricardo
27-06-15, 13:08
Guys i had a phone call today from my parents who know about my health.they gave me a phone number of a theropist who claims she can cure you in one sesion..my neathew went to her a year ago and paid the £200 for the one sesion.after his sesion he was his old self again.he wouldnt lie about it hes my family...im tempted to go to her,for my anxiety depression and phobias,what sort of theropist is she if she can do this.she has a website and has videos of some sesions to show her work...any thoughts ?

Greg mate

I would pay 20 Grand cash,if that is true or double or quits. I pay her 20 Grand if she cures me in one session, she pays me 40 Grand if not.:)

MyNameIsTerry
27-06-15, 13:11
Greg mate

I would pay 20 Grand cash,if that is true or double or quits. I pay her 20 Grand if she cures me in one session, she pays me 40 Grand if not.:)

Now that really would be a test of faith, Ricardo, and I bet I know what she would say :winks:

ricardo
27-06-15, 13:14
I think you would be interested to look at this given it makes claims about cancer treatment, namely the founder cured herself of cancer and this person Greg may see makes a claim that she treated a lady who was deemed inoperable to then be operable to the astonishment of her surgeon.

Its mind/body medicine and whilst I see this stuff as having possibilites in some ways (Chinese medicine for instance has Mindfulness in it), I can't see how exploring emotions and freeing them up in a part of the body will change a cancer.

Any thoughts?

---------- Post added at 12:53 ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 ----------

I think I would have to spend some time researching this one because there are some huge claims in here and I've never heard of it. Its a guru product as it seems to me and whilst these people do help people, they also tend to have no evidence behind them and the more you dig, you can find some pretty unhappy ex clients.

There are some literally massive claims in here about curing brain tumors and for me this is an equally massive alarm signal.

Her website says one session but it could be up to 3. There will be no recourse if it turns out to be a load of BS either as this is a sector that seems to have little protection other than Trading Standards.

It seems that its about "trapped" or "stuck" memories and accessing them to work through them. This isn't unique, I've seen this in other methods such as EFT. They don't charge as much though.

The founder has a link to a guy named Tony Robbins. He's well known but there are some question marks over some of his secretive practices from what I recall.

I don't like putting you off mate but I know what I think of this one.

Had a look Greg. Looks like a franchise rip off to me.This Sue fFanklin looks like she could be related to the Speakmans.lol

gregcool
27-06-15, 13:54
Well iv had a read and dont know what to think..the thing is she lives near by me !....i could literaly get a bus there..she said its 75 pounds per hr and i could pay her 50 pounds a month.she seemed very confedant to me and put absolotly no preasure on me to have this done,in fact she told me to go away and think about it...iv spoken to my nethew who went to her last year for depresion,and he says he is a changed man ever since he saw her..so i dont know ,he wouldnt lie to me.iv had contact with my nethew on and off over the last year and he seems very happy....

pulisa
27-06-15, 14:10
She'll be booked up for years as she's a miracle worker, obviously....:winks:

Please don't be taken in by her claims, Greg. Of course if your parents pay for you to go then you have nothing to lose but if they don't you certainly will lose a lot of cash. And she's related to the Speakmans? Wide berth needed!

gregcool
27-06-15, 15:38
Who are the speakmans ?

Fishmanpa
27-06-15, 17:55

Any thoughts?[COLOR="blue"]

As a survivor, I know first hand that there is no "cure" for cancer. There is no miracle treatment. On the cancer boards there were people who, in desperation, tried alternative medicines but none of it worked.

Concerning cancer treatment, if there really was a "cure", we wouldn't be seeing it take so many lives. I'm not saying that there are cases that baffle medical science when it comes to cancer but those are a fraction of a fraction of a fraction.

Concerning this thread and the claims of this doctor and techniques. I'm still on the "If it sounds too good to be true..." boat. And again, if it were no $$$ out of pocket, I'd try it. The worst that can happen is it's BS.

That being said, I get acupuncture treatment. It's an alternative to Western medicine. It's been very beneficial but my practitioner doesn't make any promises or claims that it can cure anything. Thing is, it's been around for 3000 years so there is something to it. I don't claim to understand it but it's working so it's worth it to me.

Positive thoughts

Rennie1989
27-06-15, 20:08
I would be incredibly cautious of this approach. I have NEVER known real people to be cured in a short amount of time. Mental illnesses can take years to develop, and can take years to treat. The therapies that I trust takes months of weekly sessions to help people with their problems.

If you're insisted on seeing her I would at least check her registration. Is she registered under ANY board regarding psychotherapy? If not, then you're at risk of harm.

ricardo
27-06-15, 21:34
Well iv had a read and dont know what to think..the thing is she lives near by me !....i could literaly get a bus there..she said its 75 pounds per hr and i could pay her 50 pounds a month.she seemed very confedant to me and put absolotly no preasure on me to have this done,in fact she told me to go away and think about it...iv spoken to my nethew who went to her last year for depresion,and he says he is a changed man ever since he saw her..so i dont know ,he wouldnt lie to me.iv had contact with my nethew on and off over the last year and he seems very happy....

Greg

Well it looks like we all agree that this just doesn't sound right(to put it politely) and if it's a one off session what's all this about being staged payments.

Please stay away from her, you are desperate for help as are others but you are also extremely vunerable.

pulisa
27-06-15, 22:10
She also does fertility therapy! She's one busy lady.

There are quite a few of these therapists dotted about the UK. I have one near me apparently. You can buy the 2 hour video as well and go through it with the therapist, a friend or just by yourself.....After that you will be enlightened and cured. Easy really..:mad:

MyNameIsTerry
28-06-15, 05:43
As a survivor, I know first hand that there is no "cure" for cancer. There is no miracle treatment. On the cancer boards there were people who, in desperation, tried alternative medicines but none of it worked.

Concerning cancer treatment, if there really was a "cure", we wouldn't be seeing it take so many lives. I'm not saying that there are cases that baffle medical science when it comes to cancer but those are a fraction of a fraction of a fraction.

Concerning this thread and the claims of this doctor and techniques. I'm still on the "If it sounds too good to be true..." boat. And again, if it were no $$$ out of pocket, I'd try it. The worst that can happen is it's BS.

That being said, I get acupuncture treatment. It's an alternative to Western medicine. It's been very beneficial but my practitioner doesn't make any promises or claims that it can cure anything. Thing is, it's been around for 3000 years so there is something to it. I don't claim to understand it but it's working so it's worth it to me.

Positive thoughts

Yes, I agree with you.

Accupuncture also have studies at least, this technique has known quoted.

Its also interesting that there is book on Amazon and some of the negatives state the creator is very tight lipped about what form of cancer she even had. Does that sound a bit fishy to you?

Mindfulness would have be scoffed at by Western doctors, afterall its just sitting meditating to them, but it took a scientist to bring it to the West in the 1970's and look at it now. But there is a big difference - Jon Kabat-Zinn is not a guru, he's a scientist and he uses scientific methods to prove what works as have many of his compatriots.

Modern science will often downcry something on the basis of it having no proof, some doctors will scoff away until years later when an accepted clinical study arises. BUT, anyone credible produces proof.

---------- Post added at 05:42 ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 ----------

Who are the speakmans ?

They are a couple of charlatans posing as therapists who have had a few TV series about their therapy. They have basic diplomas, not enough to join any reputable body and they will make you sign a gagging document not to discuss your therapy...which I believe is very very unethical as no therapist does that, they share information for the benefit of the client.

They do use some conventional methods but they are all shock value TV and you will see a certain breed of celebrity using them e.g. Kerry Katona with her "on/off" bipolar.

You can catch them on Big Brother's Bit On The Side this series. This should tell a lot of people about their credibility.

Roll on any Bill of Parliament to force all these charlatans out of the market. Sadly, the Labour MP who keeps raising it (2 years running now) just raises it and leaves it to rot until the end of that Parliamentary year which means unless you agree to carry it forward, it is ditched. So, the MP is just raising his profile by pretending to care about people. What a shocker! :winks:

There is a guy we are not allowed to discuss on here anymore who tells you he can cure any anxiety disorder in about 7 days. When he was asked to provide provide his treatment even worked, he couldn't and to this day sits on the Advertising Standards Association's (ASA) non compliant online advertisers list. His websites are very smooth and convincing and yes, some of it can work (its based on Weekes in part) but it doesn't work you blamed and even hounded not to talk about it. One highly respected doctor in the UK has been outspoken about this to be threatened with solicitors and even had visits from the police (no charges brought)...read into that what you will.

Nic may delete the above paragraph, which is her call, but people need to know about these kinds of people.

If you didn't have a nephew involved giving praise, you would run a mile from this. I would suggest you spend time talking to him about what was wrong with him and how this helped but my opinion is this is a charlatan.

---------- Post added at 05:43 ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 ----------

She also does fertility therapy! She's one busy lady.

Yeah, I wonder if the treatment is in vivo :roflmao:

pulisa
28-06-15, 08:59
:D The mind virtually boggles.....

gregcool
28-06-15, 10:38
Very interesting reading terry.i have spoken to my nethew and he said he had anxiety and depression and was quite bad.then after this treetment he was hes old self again and learned how to move forward,but of course everyone responds different to treetment,so what works for him ,may not work for me..its being paid for by my parents who are convinced this is the answer,they are desperate for me to feel normal again,even tho they dont understand it all and are sometimes not suportive..so iv got nothing to loose..so im going to give it a go.then in two weeks i start my theropy for 12 weeks through NHS it might all wirk,it might not..

MyNameIsTerry
28-06-15, 10:44
Its your choice, Greg. Just be careful about the money, it seems to be up to 3 sessions so whether thats another £200 each time is unknown as it didnt seem to say.

Just bare in mind that if this was workeable for these disorders in general, the government would be using them as whilst the doctors may prefer to keep their jobs, the government would prefer that £100+ billion a year for other things.

I would look into the claims that it is used by governments abroad as this could could shed some light. I know the guy I mentioned above makes that claim about our government but if you actually research it, he's in an optional category on an "as & when" basis yet he makes out he has been contracted to sort out all the anxiety disorder sufferers on ESA.

Be careful, mate.

gregcool
28-06-15, 11:03
Will do mate..i wont be having anymore than the 4 hrs max.my parents wouldnt aford any more sessions..

ricardo
28-06-15, 11:07
Will do mate..i wont be having anymore than the 4 hrs max.my parents wouldnt aford any more sessions..

It is nice that your parents want to help but Greg I always wear my heart on my sleeve and have been to not one but several of these miracle workers and believe it or believe it not they see you as the vunerable party and try and fleece you, though they are very clever in hiding their true feelings.

Please don't go.

Crystalhiggs
28-06-15, 18:33
I can see what a lot of people are saying and if your nephew hadn't been then I might have a similar opinion. The fact that your family member highly recommends this person makes all the difference I think.

Sometimes you have to take a chance - I went for several sessions of hypnotherapy at £75 a time. It didn't help. But it might have done!

Some things are worth trying and I hope it works out for you greg!

pulisa
28-06-15, 20:32
Just don't let her persuade you that you don't really need the NHS therapy and would do better to continue paying for therapy privately with this organisation. Once these people latch on to you they can be very persuasive and smooth talking.

My advice would be not to pay a penny of your own cash. If your parents are prepared to fund you it shows they care deeply about you and your recovery but also I think they should find out a lot more about how this lady operates and what fees they would be liable for. I'd also advise you not to sign any documentation without being entirely certain as to what you are committing yourself to

MyNameIsTerry
29-06-15, 04:59
The first thing I would be doing is researching the claim that a government uses this solely and not evidence based therapy (which is something I DON'T believe for a second) and if that claim can't be verified, I would be asking myself why she is misleading the public. The Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) have rules against that.

Credible therapies and alternative treatments have a few things in common e.g. there are studies (not all are clinically acceptable but they can give you some insight until someone conducts one that conforms to standard testing procedures) and NONE of them will say they can CURE you.

If you nephew wasn't giving a recommendation, I doubt it would be considered and from my point of view if it turned out to be a snake oil salesman I would be pretty angry about that afterwards.