PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Poppy.
27-06-15, 07:29
Hello everyone :)
I have always been a bit of an anxious one but things have got on top recently and I started to have horrible panic attacks and palpitations by the bucket load. My Doctor suspected I had an overactive thyroid but everything came back all clear. I have been prescribed Sertraline and started that a few days ago.The first day I took it I was bed bound feeling sick, spaced out and generally weird and convinced I was dying.. thankfully I lived to tell the tale :blush:

venusbluejeans
27-06-15, 07:36
Hiya Poppy. and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Bellshill one
27-06-15, 15:21
Hi Poppy. Welcome. Im sorry you had bad reaction to sertraline. Im also on that. I didnt really have much probs but I do know you can have trouble coming off them so be careful x

helloworld
27-06-15, 15:39
Hi poppy. Also on sertraline for panic disorder / GAD. It certainly helped me I think although the first few weeks were a bit rough.

Hope it works out for you. Please feel free to contact if you want to talk to a fellow sufferer!

All the best,
Mark

Poppy.
27-06-15, 16:22
Thanks everyone, you all seem like a lovely group. I am feeling slightly more normal today but I know it's early days yet :bighug1: