PDA

View Full Version : blood test

miss sparkle
27-06-15, 11:48
So i will keep this brief. I had a blood test on tuesday as i have had ongoing back ache for past few months , the doctor said it was non fasting and she was going to check out my kidney funtion.
I had a letter through today saying they have my results and for me to book a non urgent appointment to discuss them.
As its a Saturday i cant get through to book or discuss so my mind is going into overdrive.
I know non urgent is good...but im panicing. What can they tell from a kidney function blood test? And surely if it was ok, wouldnt they say so in letter... arraghhhhhh.
Got weekend to worry and panic and im upset already 😢😢😢

tmckenzie-orr
27-06-15, 12:40
dont panic, think to yourself NON-URGENT could be anything but its nothin serious the blood test would pick up over stuff aswel but think non urgent is not worrying not serious so chill relax and dont think about it make ur call on monday and then relise you been worrying for nothing

Gary A
27-06-15, 12:44
You might just have a minor kidney infection. If it were anything serious they'd have called you and told you to come in right away.

lindy lou 2
28-06-15, 09:34
my husband has been recalled for repeat full blood count & eft test, in a months time.
He went in early last monday morning, after going out for a few drinks over the weekend, I am now worried sick, in case he has something wrong. It is a none urgent test, to be re done in a month.
Why do these letters always arrive on a sat ?
Any body know what eft is all about ?

miss sparkle
28-06-15, 19:56
I dont know lynsey.
Im sorry i cant help. Why did he have the blood test? X

worrywart29
28-06-15, 20:20
my husband has been recalled for repeat full blood count & eft test, in a months time.
He went in early last monday morning, after going out for a few drinks over the weekend, I am now worried sick, in case he has something wrong. It is a none urgent test, to be re done in a month.
Why do these letters always arrive on a sat ?
Any body know what eft is all about ?

Are you sure it's not LFT? If so that's liver function test.

cattia
28-06-15, 21:49
If it was a full blood count it could just be something like you being slightly anaemic. If it was urgent they would call you and have you in straight away. I once had the emergency doctor turn up at my house late at night because of an urgent blood test result. Imagine my panic!! I'm still here though.

lindy lou 2
29-06-15, 10:44
Hi ,thanks for the replys, no it is not Lft, definitely EFT, it seems to be something to do with a possible infection or arthritis, or maybe they are being cautious. I am trying not to think about it, easier said than done !

tmckenzie-orr
29-06-15, 16:55
It's nothing serious so don't worry it will be minor so don't let your mind race

lindy lou 2
30-06-15, 08:40
Thanks tmckenzie-orr, I have to make another appointment for him, for a months time, will try not to dwell on it

Davit
30-06-15, 09:21
Or he wants to see your face and answer your questions so you understand. They don't call me in anymore because they know I know what the tests mean. My tests are always off a bit, it doesn't bother me. I've had hundreds.

---------- Post added at 01:21 ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 ----------

Last letter is testosterone. It is on the net.

Emilym80
30-06-15, 09:52
Same here. Whenever I've had a blood test my gp will ask me to come in to discuss the results, even if there's nothing she wants to pursue. Some physicians won't but that's a bit lazy of them to not follow anything up, IMO.

anxious_thoughts
30-06-15, 21:35
If it says UNURGANT I feel as if it is nothing very serious. I got called back for a blood test a couple months ago because I was low in vitamin b12 and my cholesterol was a bit high.

Don't worry too much!