PDA

View Full Version : i feel like im swaying/floating

char123
27-06-15, 17:21
Hi,
For the past couple of days I have been feeling like I am swaying/floating almost like I'm on a boat or a lift when it drops. I'm on holiday at the moment and I've been on a plane for 3 hours and I've had a boat trip yesterday . This swaying feeling started yesterday after the boat trip and it made me so anxious because it was like I was still on there. I'm definitely not used to boats and planes and stuff like that, I haven't been on them in ages but why do I have this feeling. It's so scary and the more I think of it the more I feel itand I can't stop thinking about it! I really wanted to keep my anxiety at bay for this holiday but now because of this I'm thinking that I have a serious illness or something. I'm hoping it is caused by anxiety and it will go away when I know that it isn't bad. Has anyone else experienced this and found a way to make it stop. I've found that when I'm layed down I'm fine but I don't want to be layed down for the rest of the holiday. Also, I'm worried the plane back home will make the feeling worse.

To be honest, I have had slight feelings of this mainly when I get out of an elevator and I still feel like Im going downwards for years. They used to go quickly because I never thought about it but now I have I feel like I'm making it worse. The feeling isn't dizziness and hasn't made me fall over .

I'm 16 year old female and I must admit I have been in the sun a lot more than usual, if this has anything to do with it?! Please help , I don't want it to ruin the rest of my holiday! Please reply nicely and soon because I do freak out easily. Thanks

Sam123
27-06-15, 18:42
Hi,

I've not long got back from my holidays and experienced the same as you. Although my swaying feeling started before i went away, it continued on holiday. It sounds very similar to yours and it was also better when i lay down, because we are anxious about this symptom it will feel worse and we will be hyper aware of our balance and motion.

Although it was bad i didn't want it to ruin my holiday, so i just carried on through it, i never fell over sometimes i would get the feeling of it, i noticed the more i just kept busy and carried on it was much better, when i would sit down or stand still it felt quite bad. I went to the pharmacy and got some motion sickness tablets, they helped for a day or two ease the symptoms.

colinmckee2
06-07-15, 16:17
I've had this symptom for a few weeks now, how long did it take for you guys to go away? thanks a lot. hope it is gone forever for you guys.