PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Stuart1981
27-06-15, 22:04
Hello

I am a 34 year old UK male, married with a 4 year old son. I adore my wife & child. I've always had mild anxiety, but 3 months ago this became worse. After a trip to Vegas I convinced myself I had AIDS (without a risk & I tested negative) & then leukaemia. I finally started CBT 2 weeks ago which is helping a lot. However, my wife has dropped the bombshell that she cannot cope with this & we are likely to split, which has made my anxiety return. She previously had counselling which resulted in her being estranged from her parents & siblings for years, now it seems it is my turn.

I was surprised as when she picked me up on my return from Vegas she said she wanted us to have another child! As I am away at a family wedding I am hoping the time apart will do us good. She said she can't guarantee that she would come to relationship counselling, which I have suggested, given that she is receiving personal counselling & it is since then that she has decided that she is unhappy.

Does anyone have any tips? All I want is a chance and to,talk about this rather than being shut out. I don't want to,Rush in though as due to my anxiety I may have tried too hard when I started recovering. I really wish this wasn't happening. My particular problem now is not being able to sleep.

Thanks

Stuart

venusbluejeans
27-06-15, 22:11
Hiya Stuart1981 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Bellshill one
27-06-15, 23:05
Hi Stuart 1981. Welcome to the group. Im sorry about all the probs you are having. Youve come to the right place. If your wife decides she wants split from you then you prob will have to accept this. It will be hard but you will need to concentrate on your child and carry on. Having good friends about you will help. Its murder not being able to sleep. I have the same problem. Perhaps your doc can give you something but be careful as sleepers can be addictive. Hope things go ok. Take care.