PDA

View Full Version : Pushed about

elik
28-06-15, 11:08
Hi guys,

In a bit of a crappy place. Just feel like I've really noticed lately that no one treats me with respect and they can just push me about because they just don't care for my response. I've always been a bit like that but I've tried to get people to respect me more. It doesn't work. If I refrain from them a bit in order to disagree with them I just get called cold etc so I can't seem to win! I hate it so much I just like being bubbly but everyone keeps knocking my confidence and it's making me a sad version of myself.

Any tips?

Thanks

Oosh
28-06-15, 12:32
You mean they dismiss your opinion, don't show it any respect ?

Your opinion is your perspective, know your perspective, think it through, be able to back it up and show why it makes sense, to you. If anyone tries to belittle it they'll then have to come up with reasons why, then THEIRS need to stand up to scrutiny as well as yours does.

Well thought out perspectives win not people's personalities. A lazy person used to dismissing your perspective ,because they are more dominant than you ,will often have a poorly thought out perspective. Stay calm and challenge it. See if there are any flaws in it. What can they do if they're faced with a gaping flaw ? Then they just look feeble if they try and continue to beat you down if their perspective is just clearly flawed.

Become known for having well thought out opinions/perspectives and sharing them. It's hard to change people's perspective on you when they're used to being able to dismiss you though so expect resistance. Don't stop, just keep sharing your calm, well thought out perspectives/opinions and being confident they hold water. People's view of you will change and they'll feel that dismissing you is in effective.

You are you and your take on life is as valid as everyone else's so don't stop sharing it. Look at it from different perspectives first and make sure it makes sense when seen from a different persons perspective. Take on board issues people point out with it, if they make sense. But if they don't, say so.

Shape them, stand by them, share them and put two fingers up to anyone who doesn't like it.

Rennie1989
28-06-15, 12:41
You said that you try to get people to respect you more, how do you do this?

I've learnt that people will respect you if you give them reason to. Do you help your colleagues out? Do you put yourself out for others? People will respect others for different reasons, whether it's your fashion sense, humour or whatever. You cannot get everybody to respect you, just as you can't be liked by everyone.

Davit
28-06-15, 16:43
And some people will hate you because you are different or don't agree with them.

Rennie have you learned about the two types of people referred to as apples and oranges because they are so different.
Pure apples are aggressive go getters that will walk on people to get their way and only like you if you agree with them. Money and possessions is their goal. They seldom get panic attacks but give out plenty. They love their family but it has to tow the line.

Pure oranges are caring and compassionate, artistic, intelligent yet still assertive when they are right. Concerned about all their surroundings not just what they own and more subject to second hand anxiety from other people or situations. They live with their family, not own it.
Not many pure oranges, the majority of people lean toward apple. Fitting in neither causes anxiety, striving for pure apple causes extreme stress. Failure is not acceptable. Failure comes from insisting on doing it their way. Cognitive restructuring is neither a thing you can buy or their idea, they won't do it and actually argue against it.
Lots of people like that here. In between people. What the beetles coined nowhere man.

Rennie1989
28-06-15, 16:57
I can't say that I am familiar with that concept. I shall investigate.

Davit
28-06-15, 17:02
My therapist knew about it.

I know a few people in either extreme but most fit in the middle to apple extreme side. It seems where you are is pretty fixed.

simonlacree
09-07-15, 02:18
I get pushed about. I used to it but i don't like it.

stay_gold
09-07-15, 10:33
I've experienced this. I realised weirdly it was cos I wasn't fake enough. I always stuck to my guns and morals and stuff and people seemed to hate that, so they projected their insecurities onto me almost to purposely kill my confidence. You gotta stay stong, have it out with them and tell em how you feel or walk away.

simonlacree
09-07-15, 15:20
I think walk away is best. But some times you got no choice. You got to fight. So fight your best.

Pipkin
09-07-15, 18:52
We know the difference between right and wrong. Unfortunately, others don't and will try to push us around or pull the wool over our eyes.

Wherever possible, rise above it and let it pass over you. Fighting may seem like an instinctive response but it does nothing but raise anxiety levels. There's also nothing more frustrating for bullies than to see they have no effect on you.

Almost as bad as being pushed around is when people warp situations and give others the completely wrong impression of events. I see it in everyday life and also on here. In the past we've had a very small number of really negative members who thought their views were the only ones that counted, refusing to listen to others and completely lacking emotional intelligence. When they're found out, they move to another site and tell everyone how poor NMP is. As I started off by saying, we rise above it. The truth always comes out in the end.

This is a great place to vent if you need some solid support on any of these issues. Our members are fantastic and I'm constantly in awe of the support they give to others. It's certainly helped me no end in the past.

Take care

Pip

pulisa
09-07-15, 20:05
Agreed, Pip. I feel very sorry for these people desperate enough to engage in such negative, pointless activities. Their lives must be very empty to have to constantly boost their own egos with inflated views of their own self worth in order to cover a total lack of empathy and an inability to communicate appropriately with others.

blue moon
10-07-15, 00:03
Hi Pip:D

I cannot believe this person is still posting,sfter yesterday,I thought that they would have realised that you were onto him.Yes this is a great place.I am not on facebook I know of young women you have taken their lives because of being Bullied.

I will keep on PDing Pip......lol x

simonlacree
10-07-15, 02:37
What did simon do to you or anyone that you want to put a bomb under his car. Where is the support here, I see a lot of post unanswered.
Simon will not be back, you can delete his account. A shame since this is the best site on line. I liked it here. I even liked the people that don't like me.

Pipkin
10-07-15, 06:14
Simon,

Not sure what you're referring to as I don't believe anyone has replied to you. You must have assumed that Bluemoon was talking about you but I can't see that she said that. However, as you've insisted, I've removed your account, at your request.

Pip

blue moon
10-07-15, 06:43
No Pip I never said or replied anything to him.I am not feeling good at the moment,it was the comment about car bombing,this creature had known from my posts that I am from Iran,and suffer PTSD.It has bought up bad memories..
He really is an unwell person.

pulisa
10-07-15, 09:29
Blue moon, please do not distress yourself. This person has limited communication skills and it's best that he has chosen to seek help elsewhere.

Warm wishes to you, Blue moon xx