PDA

View Full Version : throat lump returned...

peach
31-01-07, 09:34
im just sooky i guess...i got a week off..or just over, then the lump came back, granted ive had some stress stuff going on....nearly left marriage, and doc said ive got congestion in my lungs and throat thats been around for 2 weeks...so ive been coughing, etc..now lump is back...i just feel like crying so bad..im really trying not to go down the freak out its cancer thing ....and it seems to get worse through the day..i just wish it would leave me alone so desperatly!!!!!
i dont want the camera down the throat thing ,but i know ill have to go there if this keeps haunting me!!!
what did i do wrong for this to keep happening???

woe is me, bring out the violins....
surely it cant be cancer...theres no coughing of blood,no visual lump..ive been pocked and prodded for this last year...
oh god, please help me get through this....uni starts in 1 week!!!???

alyb
31-01-07, 10:43
Hi Peach I very much doubt you have cancer. My grandfather has just been diagnoed with throat cancer and voicebox, and he did'nt have no symptoms like that at all. His voice all of a sudden went really hoarse and croaky and eventually lost it all together, Thats when they eventually dianosed it. He had no pain or soreness just no voice! Even in the worst case scenario, throat cancer is treatable with radiotherapy and chemo if needed, My grandad is reponding well to treatment and will make a full recovery, although his voice will never return.

Chin up Peach You should be fine xx

peach
31-01-07, 11:02
hi alyb,

thank you so much! i feel much better about my symptoms now...thank you for taking the time to reply and i really appreciate the reassurance...

i sincerly wish you and your granfather all the best..and feel very happy to know that he will make a full recovery..thats great news...

vernon
31-01-07, 12:41
Hi peach, and thanks Alyb for that post made me feel better too. I have had a very sore throat now for about 3 months and it’s really worrying me too. The Dr sent me for blood tests which showed more white than red cells and dr said that’s usually infection, Had a week of antibiotics but that did nothing so the Dr has referred me to ENT and hopefully they will put my mind at rest. I wouldn’t worry about the tube in your throat as in don’t go far down. I have had tubes down to my stomach and they weren’t too bad and they go a lot further down. Hope you get sorted and at your age I am sure it’s nothing to worry about. Over the years I have wasted so many good years of life because of worry over different aches and pains and when I look back it’s really not worth it, but this health anxiety is so powerful we do really worry and panic over the top. Take care Vernon

Elle
31-01-07, 19:27
A few years back I got very worried about a 'lump' in my throat and yes, I started to imagine all sorts of things. So worried was I that I told my dentist during a routine check up. She pulled my tongue forward, took a long hard look and said that she could see nothing physically wrong.

She said that this was a very common thing and that she knew other peple who had suffered the same. She called it a globus.

http://www.otohns.net/default.asp?id=13090

Well, shortly after the sensation went but every now and again it comes back. I find that drinking a pint of water (not tap water) helps to alleviate it. I wonder if it is linked to dehydration and most of us, whether we know it or not, are dehydrated. Actually drinking fizzy drinks laden with sugar and additives puts a great burden on the body. We should all be aware of what we put into our mouths.

Elle

SAM21
31-01-07, 20:04
hi peach,

that is most definetly stress and anxiety causing those feelings in ur throat.
i knw excatly how u feel...
i had exactly the same thing...lump throat problem.

when it all started my 1st gp said it was a viral infection due to the cold virus i had recently at the time, but it went on for ages.
my gp was useless...so i changed and my new gp explained that it was globus hystericus...caused by anxiety.

i really found it difficult to belive that it was anxiety, i jus cudnt accept that stress and anxiety cud manifest itself in such a way.
but when i began to acccept that it was due to stress and tried to keep my self busy it did improve alot but that was after 6/7months of worry and making it worse.
like u i use to cry nearlly all the time and worry non stop...i became real depresed.

i was on the ENT waiting list...but in the end i didnt go...as my throat problem went away.

jus try not to worry about it...keep ur self busy and jus rember that the cause of throat/neck pain is stress. u mentioned urslef u hav alot of stressful things going on.... u will get over this....

dont even think bout C....r.

hope u feel better

sam

reddevil
31-01-07, 20:53
Hi,

I went through this lump in the throat symtom a few months back, I thought of the worst and decided to see my doctor who knows all about my health anxiety.

He explained that he could see no lumps or signs of anything nasty.

After time (3 weeks) this lump thing disappeared.

It might be worth you seeing your doctor to put your mind at rest.

Red

peach
31-01-07, 21:28
hi every one,
thanks so much for the replys!!!
i so appreciate that you all take time to help each other on here...
your advice is invaluble!!!
i agree about the fizzy drinks, i do try to stay away from them..although, occasionally i get the coke cravings..werid stuff eh?
sam, yes, ive been gettin this on and off for 6 months too!!, i feel better knowing its normal, and it also started from a throat infection...
reddevil-ive alreayd been to my doc 3 times about this and another doc last week..lol...they both checked my throat and both said its nothing to worry about, the last doc last week, listened to my back and said he heard conjestion, whatever that is, and prescribed me antibiotics for 5 days, prob is i havnt the money to fill the script..lol, so that will have to wait a week...really hope it will help me feel better tho and take away taht infected feeling..has anyone else had that?
also, in regards to the lump...its not as bad as it was last year...i dont feel it much, mainly when i swallow, and of course eating feels like its gone.....

take care everyone....i love this website!

reddevil
31-01-07, 21:54
Hi,

LOL - I went to see my doctor more than once on the matter.

Like mine, it vanished when eating, use this as a positive because if it's not there when food is going down then it's obvious anxiety.

Take care,

Red