PDA

View Full Version : POSITIVE THInKING

Laurie28
15-10-03, 15:38
Okay I'm concentrating on nuts But what will be next??

I can't help feeling like I will never be 'normal' again.

I have fears of lots of things and I know there isn't a miracle cure but I would like to see light at the end of the tunnel

I think I will try the positive thinking malarkey

i.e.

I know i HAVE A FEAR OF .......... BUT I TOTALLY AND ACCEPT MYSELF

(or something along these lines)

does that really work???

I'm trying to be positive but I can't go on like this for the rest of my days (I'm only 24)

Worth a try i suppose

Lucky

nomorepanic
15-10-03, 19:21
Lucky

You are doing great. Just take things one day at a time and one step at a time. Reward yourself when you do well and do NOT punish yourself if you fail - just get up and try again :-)

Good luck.

Nicola

Meg
17-10-03, 00:09
Hi Lucky,

It's not just positive thinking which is very powerful . Energy follows thought.

It all begins with rational and realistic thinking.

Suddenly thinking you were allergic to nuts when you've had them time and again in your life is not a rational or realistic thought.

Having positive thoughts and mantras are excellent but you would do better initially to really think about your scary thoughts and assess each of them for truth and validity...That should get rid of most of them.... Then positive thinking and self reliance can help with the final few issues.

Accepting yourself is fabulous and very empowering but just get control over your thoughts and keep them real is your main challenge. It takes sometime but gets easier.
Good luck

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...