PDA

View Full Version : what is your trigger ?

jill
09-09-04, 15:43
Hi everyone

can sonme one explain to me what they mean when they say, what is your trigger? I'm not sure what mine is, i think it is when i' tierd it that possible?

Jill :D

EMMA
09-09-04, 15:49
Hi Jill,

I think it means what circumstances cause your symptoms. For example stress causes mine. A build up of worrying about things causes my anxiety and panic attacks. I think that once you become aware of your triggers you can try to avoid them and see if there is any improvement in the symptoms.

Take care
Emma xx

seh1980
09-09-04, 16:09
hello there,

It just means what situation sends you into a panic. I have lots of different ones, mainly going somewhere I've never been before.

Sarah :D

Meg
09-09-04, 17:05
Jill,

Being overtired is very common - mainly because we lose our sense of persepactive and get overwhelmed by things much more easily.

Meg

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
Robert Albert Bloch

Rennie1989
09-09-04, 21:08
mine is when something wrong is happening e.g. forgetting school stuff, and if i split up from a friend, had an arguement, something not going my way (never does)

Scooter Girl

if i wa hungry would u feed me, if i fell u you help me up, if i was crying would brush away my tears

nomorepanic
09-09-04, 23:01
I am always tired but towards the end of the week it effects me more so I feel worse.

Other triggers are a hangover!!! and new medication.

Nicola

pips
10-09-04, 01:09
Hi Jill,

My trigger is normally thinking/dwelling to much & worry worry worry! If I'm not worring I worry that I should be LOL so I can't win really.

I also find caffine, or if I haven't eaten for a while (i.e have a late breakfast) that can make me anxious! I never go anywhere now with out dried fruit or nuts or something in my bag. Incase I need that boost!

If you keep a diary or just write thing down this might help you find your different triggers and you could always put a percentage or something like that by them to see how it effects you.

Take care

Love PIP'S XX

jill
11-09-04, 19:42
Hi everyone

Thanks for all your replys

you all have been very helpfull

knowing other peoples trigger helps, its gave me lots to think about and i will write a diary.

Thanks again take care all

Jill :D

Rennie1989
11-09-04, 22:12
glad we can help

Scooter Girl

if i was hungry would you feed me, if i fell you help me up, if i was crying would you brush away my tears

sal
12-09-04, 01:53
hi Jill

It makes it easier to cope with if we have a trigger ie tired, stressed but sometimes it comes from no where and that makes it hard to contend with it.

deep down though there is a reason but at times we cant see it.

Love Sal xxxxx

jill
16-09-04, 14:04
Hi all

Thanks again you have all been a big help, don't Know what i would do without all you lot. I have found out what my trigger is now it is when I'm tierd or after a night out drinking and a few other things. there is now a big inprovement beacuse i am trying to avoid these things.

Thank you all

Take care

wishing you all well

Jill:D

Ian
16-09-04, 14:28
Is it possible not to have a trigger?

I feel a sort of low level anxiety/worry all the time.

I think the worse for me is when I'm alone, when I'm driving, or when I'm lying in bed on my own in the morning before waking up.

Or do you think if I looked hard I could find a trigger?

Ian

Meg
16-09-04, 14:55
How about your inner self dialogue triggering you about whatever you've got going through your head at the time and leading you towards an anxiety spiral .

I never had any major definate triggers but could talk myself into seeing the scary/negative side of just about anything ..

Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
- Albert Einstein.

sal
16-09-04, 23:52
Hi Jill

As you know there isnt always a trigger but we know sleep is the best answer.

Sometime mate there is no reason we wake up feeling like that, but we overcome it.

Dont be harsh on yourself and remember we all have bad days regardless of the situations.

Love Sal xxxxx

pips
21-09-04, 12:30
So true what you said Meg,

I can also talk myself into believing anything. If I got a pound for every negative thought I would be a millionaire! LOL!

At least I know that I am doing it and beating myself up mentally! Oh JOY LOL

Would you say recognition is a positive sign??

Take care

Love PIP'S XX

jill
21-09-04, 16:37
Hi everyone

so negitive thoughts can be a trigger, i have had lots of them, I'm trying to change but its hard, the negitive thoughts just pop into my head.Has anyone got any tips. I'm doing really well write now and its all down to you guys.

BIG THANKS

Wishing you all well

Jill:D:D:D

Meg
21-09-04, 19:31
**so negitive thoughts can be a trigger**

This is it Jill - welcome to the world of anxiety.

Negative thoughts and images account for over 85 % of all anxiety conditions . Some of them are justified - most are not : they are natures fire drill .

Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
- Albert Einstein.