PDA

View Full Version : just need a bit of support guys!

mazzywoo
31-01-07, 10:20
I have been dealing with my anxiety quite well recently by practicing CBT self techniques and then our landlord says he is selling the place (big house converted into flats) where we live so if a developer buys it, we might lose our home. I am back to square one-really anxious and having all the nasty symptoms (fear of going nuts, palpitations, lack of sleep and that horrid feeling in the stomach so I can't relax or settle to anything). All my coping strategies have gone out of the window. I am driving myself crazy and my husband says "It will all work out for the best" so he isn't helping. What can I do? This business might go on for months and I can't stand feeling this way. I have an appointment with the doc but really, what can he do?
I just need some cheering up from people who understand what anxiety is like! Thanks xx

Maz

ceecee
31-01-07, 10:26
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((mazz)))))))))))))) )))))))))))))
try not to worry too much,i know its easy for me to say,but worrying only makes things worse!!!can you talk to the other people who have flats in the building to see how they feel?perhaps you could all join together .i,m sure who ever buys it will keep it as flats as this is the best for income!
take care hope everything goes well for you,you,ve done really well so just try to keep thinking positive
rach x

mazzywoo
31-01-07, 10:34
thanks for that ceecee-its good to know I'm not alone today and theres people who understand. x

Maz

Dreamer029
31-01-07, 11:40
aww poor thing! i always get symptoms like that, at least you know its anxiety though and ot a bug or something. maybe you could look for another place to ease your mind. see whats available and comfort yourself that you have other living options.

Lauren

hopeful
31-01-07, 12:59
Hi Mazz, you sound like me,learn to use techniques to deal with anxiety and then something happens and the anxiety/fear takes over again. When that happens with me,i'm afraid I turn to Kalms,stressless,quietlife or even Kava Kava (I know they're banned in the uk).I just need something to calm me enough to think straight.
I hope things turn out good for you, re your flat. Try not to worry too much,very hard I know!
Take care
julie x

Whatever happens I'll handle it !

yorkylover
31-01-07, 13:34
BIG HUG FOR YOU MAZ

Ellen XX

clickaway
31-01-07, 14:35
Hi Mazz,

I know how one thing can just knock you out and you are back to square one. One day after I was given medication I had an upset so actually feel worse now I'm taking them!

But I'm confident this phase will pass, and yours will to. At the end of this, you will still have a home and a family. There are far more important things than bricks and mortar.

Now get on and distract yourself[8D]

Hugs,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Melina
31-01-07, 17:56
Hi Maz since I left work a few months ago when I didnt have a clue what was going on with me, but then found this site in Dec which helped me understand, and learn different ways of coping, over the past few weeks I have felt massively better and really thought I had got a handle on anxiety. Then bam, when I was out the other day, out of the blue I started getting really anxious in a Salsa class, and getting all the symptons I got when last at work. Its so frustrating when you think you're beaten it or learned to control it and it then it sneeks up on you again without warning

Do you have time to do things you really enjoy to help take your mind off the worrying? (I find certain things I do give me the 'feel good factor' mentally) someone told me about positive talk today, tellign yourself "I will be ok", "I can cope" "everything is working out perfectly", "the world is filled with love and joy"even as I type the words to you they have a way of making you feel better (I hope!)

mazzywoo
31-01-07, 18:05
Hi Melina-thanks for your reply. Yup, the anxiety sneaks up on you and catches you out. You'd think I would realise this coz I've had it for ages on and off! I have many things which I like to do to distract myself when it's bad-I draw, write poetry, cook and clean-all these things help but as you know, when the setbacks occur, its hard at first to get a grip.

I'd just like to say that this website is fantastic-there's some lovely people out there! Thank you all for your support today-I do feel better after being at work all afternoon-took my mind off things!
Best wishes to you all, Maz xx

Maz