PDA

View Full Version : Pain in left side...

KayeS
28-06-15, 20:53
I've had a pain on my left side, under (but not directly under) my left right. Not on the side of my body but just towards the left side of my upper abdomen.

It's been there for nearly 24 hours, and comes and goes, but when it's there, it sometimes hurts to take a breath in. Has anyone had this before? I am wondering what is causing it...

Beckie4567
28-06-15, 21:25
I have this currently and have had it for a month let me no if u find out what it is

KayeS
28-06-15, 21:30
Have you been to the doctor about it at all?

MyNameIsTerry
29-06-15, 05:43
I've had trapped nerves in my sides before and you feel like you can't take a deep breath and there is some pain with it. It usually goes quite quickly but I had it all night one time.

I've only had it probably once during any anxiety disorder though.

So, could it be something like that? or maybe muscle sprain/strain from when you're in the gym?

KayeS
29-06-15, 10:22
I know what you mean when you mention that trapped nerve feeling, it's not that....

And it doesn't feel like a muscle strain at all, it's deeper, like under the rib but actually just beneath it. It feels almost bowel related but it would have to be at the very top left corner of it...

Beckie4567
29-06-15, 16:20
Im going bk to doc thurs as mibe is quite painful and i keep burping and trumping mines on left upoer almist on the side been goibg on 4 weeks now have u been to doc

Sam123
29-06-15, 16:25
Have you considered IBS?

KayeS
29-06-15, 16:45
Have you considered IBS?

I do think I do have IBS although this has never been confirmed by a doctor.... But would IBS cause this pain lasting for 2 days now? I don't usually eat dairy or gluten as it seems to aggravate my stomach/bowels but I did have diary over the weekend...

---------- Post added at 16:45 ---------- Previous post was at 16:45 ----------

Im going bk to doc thurs as mibe is quite painful and i keep burping and trumping mines on left upoer almist on the side been goibg on 4 weeks now have u been to doc

I haven't yet but I'm thinking about going tomorrow if the pain is still there. It's extremely uncomfortable.

Sam123
29-06-15, 16:52
Yes well i have it pretty much everyday in my left side and have always felt like there is something under my upper rib. It feels full there and painful. I have some days when it's better but for the most part it's a constant, i find mine to be worse when i haven't drank enough water or when i've consumed too much bread. Also stress triggers it.

KayeS
29-06-15, 17:03
I really hope it settles down as it's making me very anxious...