PDA

View Full Version : DVT/blood clot after surgery?? Really scared

kirstymc
29-06-15, 17:13
Hi all, some of you may remember that I posted towards the end of last week about my anxiety over gall bladder surgery - I had the keyhole surgery on Friday and by all accounts it went to plan.

I was kept in hospital overnight and discharged on Saturday afternoon.

I've just been reading about recovering from surgery, and it said one of the signs of a blood clot to look out for was "the veins near the surface of your leg appearing larger than normal" - I'd noticed on Saturday/Sunday that a couple of veins on my left leg (at the back, just above the heel/Achilles) looked very prominent, but I tried to talk myself out of it.

Of course, now I'm completely panicking :unsure:

I've just looked now and they've gone down, but now I've just convinced myself that the clot has dislodged and is heading for my lungs.

I don't know what to do, should I call someone, I don't want to bother people with an overreaction!

---------- Post added at 17:13 ---------- Previous post was at 16:58 ----------

I've just felt the top (shin) of my leg and it feels a bit warm, I'm really panicking now!!

kirstymc
29-06-15, 17:22
The worst thing is I've just come back from an appointment at the clinic where they checked on my wounds, I could've mentioned it then but forgot! I'm on the pill as well, which I know increases the risk...

My toes feel a bit weird now and I'm starting to shake, but I don't know what's real and what's my anxiety :weep: I thought my anxiety would calm down post-surgery! Does it ever stop? :(

kirstymc
29-06-15, 17:56
I've just asked my mum to check my leg and she didn't notice anything to worry about, so I'm trying to relax but I just can't :unsure: the veins have come back up!

---------- Post added at 17:56 ---------- Previous post was at 17:52 ----------

I'm going back to the clinic on Friday, I'll bring it up then; I just need to know its not an immediate worry (ie, I'm going to collapse and die in a few hours) and I can calm myself down. Sorry, I know it's all sounds mental!