PDA

View Full Version : Certain my husband has optic neuritis .

stressedmamof3
29-06-15, 19:32
My health anxiety has been at bay for a short while :yesyes:
My husband woke up suddenly with blurred vision in left eye 3 weeks ago, after 2 days we went to the eye department at local hospital, the doctor there said many things however he said my husband could take months to diagnose.
Since the blurred eye (went away after 2weeks) , he developed the washed out look in same eye and then pain. Everything subsided, he was then playing football (first time in 15 year) and his eye was very blurred for 10 minutes.
He was referred for a brain scan but app hasn't came through yet, he is back at eye hospital thurs for a checkup.
His symptoms are pointing towards optical neuritis.
Due to me having stages of being obsessed with my health, I do know that optical neuritis is strongly linked to multiple sclerosis, infact it is often the first symptom of Ms, and sadly can take years to diagnose.
It may be that we are left in limbo for years because it can't be diagnosed untill after 2 episodes.
However I am trying to remain very calm, yes I have been googling but I have read that ms IS NOT a life sentence .
I'm really hoping that it's an isolated incidence but again that may never be the case because ms can be so unpredictable.
It's just a waiting game :(

panicmouse
29-09-16, 05:00
I hope your husband is ok. I had optic neuritis and then was diagnose with MS. I feel like my MS is mild and I am able to live a pretty normal life. I just can't handle the heat anymore. I sometimes wonder if my anxiety or panic is related to MS.