PDA

View Full Version : Can a MRI miss a brain tumor?

lavi
30-06-15, 02:45
I'm scared that I might have a brain tumor..:( What are the symptoms of brain tumor, can a MRI miss brain tumor?

Thanks,

Davit
30-06-15, 04:12
UK is sleeping. Karin has a brain tumour, there are no symptoms. some times there are headaches and failed motor response. Sometimes you are very sick.
Very rare for an MRI to miss a tumour but it can happen. operators are only human. Get a second opinion. Half my friends have had Cancer, two of them brain tumours. You really should be asking these questions of a doctor or two.

rsanchez
30-06-15, 06:02
I agree with Davit. It's extremely unlikely that an MRI would miss a brain tumor since the MRI images the inside of your brain. You can take the MRI results to a different doctor to interpret them if you really want to be sure, but I'd wager on a clean initial MRI being a clean bill of brain health.

clairebear34
30-06-15, 08:33
A mri scan would deffo pick up a brain tumor .. I once convinced myself I had a tumour with my HA .. I develop a whole lot of symptoms to accommodate the theory of a brain tumor ..our mind is a powerful thing .. you really dont want to find out the symptoms of one what you ought to be doing is writing down your symptoms and take them to your dr if your dr has gone down every root too rule out a brain tumour ie mri scans blood test etc then know this you yourself needs to accept if and tell yourself Your fine you have to cos you will continue searching for the answer when infact it is in ourselves ..dont search for symptoms write down your own symptoms go through each symptom stiff neck (tense) headaches (tension) blurred vision (side effect of anxiety or possibly been a fair few yrs since I had my eyes tested) go through your symptoms like that reassuring yourself along the way but still seek a dr advice .. all the best hope that helps a little although I know it'll take alot of work to convince yourself otherwise x

Emilym80
30-06-15, 09:55
I have a friend who had a brain tumour. The symptoms were extreme, absolutely no way you wouldn't seek urgent help for them. I think if you've had your MRI interpreted by two radiologists/neuros or whoever it is that interprets them then you can be certain you don't have one. It'd be very rare for an MRI to miss something like a tumour.

lavi
30-06-15, 15:49
Thank you everyone, I really appreciate what you guys do in this forum. So far, I've seen two Neuro, but they have no clue what is wrong with me.

I've this heaviness feeling, like an injection at the dentist wearing off, though I can feel everything but it just feels abnormal. The feeling is on my legs, hands, back and face. It has been there for 2 years and never goes away...:( When I search google, it says Symptoms of a brain tumor. I am so scared, I am only 34. Is here anyone who can read brain MRI images?