PDA

View Full Version : Tongue ulcer not healing

Hamza
30-06-15, 20:06
Hey,I am a 19 year old male,I have a tongue ulcer at the side of my tongue,it ism it exactly deep but more in the center area of the side,This ulcer developed around 24-25 May,and i immeadiately booked an appointment with my dentist,who said it could be indigestion or an infection,then I waited for 2-3 weeks more and around 20 June i visited my GP,who check my mouth and felt my throat with his hands,he said it is nothing and gave me some pills and gel to apply,I took them for one week and it is still not healing ,so I booked an appointment with my dentist yesterday,I asked him if it's mouth cancer,who again said there is nothing to worry and you should ignore it,I am scared if I have mouth ulcer because this ulcer has not got since 35-40 days,it does not pain,and I can eat all sorts of food,I don't have swallowing problems or pain in any area,I also never smoke or drink,what should I do? I see these articles on the Internet saying non healing and non painful ulcers are mostly cancer

tmckenzie-orr
30-06-15, 20:29
Give it another week don't eat any spicy food or anything acidic and drink lots of water and do a salt water gargle in the morning and at night if it's not gone go to the dentist again and asked to be refered say you have had this for over 1 month now

Hamza
30-06-15, 20:41
I just went yesterday,the dentist is my friends dad,I regularly stay in touch with him,he told me yesterday to ignore it,he knows that the ulcer has not gone since a month.

tmckenzie-orr
30-06-15, 20:47
Give it 1 more week do the steps I said and if not gone see anothe doctor or dentist

Hamza
05-07-15, 15:47
Bump,tongue ulcer still not healed,dentist says its not mouth cancer,what else could it be? I can't find anything on the Internet,what other condition can cause tongue ulcer which does not heal,since 45 days,it doesn't burn or pain ,just is there since 45 days,I've been popping folic acid tabs since two weeks,note - ulcer turns red after I eat

tmckenzie-orr
05-07-15, 18:27
You could be conusming something thats a iratant to it and keeping it sore? but if ur dentist says not cancer then its nothing to worry about

GingerFish
06-07-15, 18:33
I had an ulcer on my tongue that lingered for about 2 months. I was worried it was mouth cancer as it didn't seem to heal at all and then I clicked it was my canine tooth constantly rubbing off it and aggravating it and stopped it healing. I changed the way I chewed and tried to keep my mouth open as much as possible for a few days so the tooth didn't touch the tongue and within 2 days, it went down a lot and within a week it was gone completely. Every few months I get an ulcer around that spot again because I bite my tongue so much because I have sharp canines.

I would give it another week or 2 and go back to the dentist/doctor. Better to be safe than sorry.