PDA

View Full Version : I really need your help now

Mandarra
30-06-15, 23:53
I forced myself to go see a doctor to get a regular check up and he scheduled me for a bunch of tests. I had a Pap smear, a mammogram , a scan on my gall bladder because I have stones, an ekg. I just got home from work and noticed their phone number on my phone and they are closed until Thursday. I can't function until I know why they are calling me!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please help me. What do I do??????

Mary

---------- Post added at 14:53 ---------- Previous post was at 14:10 ----------

Anyone please help me, I don't know how to get through this.

nomorepanic
30-06-15, 23:55
If it was really urgent they would keep ringing you until they got hold of you so I really wouldn't worry.

Mandarra
01-07-15, 01:16
Hi Nicola, I had some tests done and I'm guessing they found something abnormal, it's not fair that they call the night before a holiday. What is wrong with them. Do you think it's a routine call??

---------- Post added at 16:16 ---------- Previous post was at 15:33 ----------

Do you think it's bad news? Why would they call me? Am I a goner? I can't cope.

Gary A
01-07-15, 01:26
You've already been given an opinion and it's one I agree with. If it were anything that sinister they'd have called you repeatedly, but they didn't.

Nobody here can tell you what it is or isn't about. I understand your concern but for goodness sake, control yourself a little. You need to wait one day, it's a pain but it's not the end of the world to wait a day. Some people wait weeks on test results.

Davit
01-07-15, 05:03
If you were really sick they would send an ambulance and you would be in hospital. You are not a goner nor are you going to die.

Frenchy
01-07-15, 08:22
As the other folks have said, if it was serious or in any way urgent, they would have continued to try and make contact until they got hold of you, regardless of the time or day.

As hard as it is, stay calm!

countrygirl
01-07-15, 10:21
You know you have gallstones as do I and everytime I have an ultrasound scan I get a call from the Dr surgery asking me to make appt about the results as its usually admin who are ringing not the Dr and they just go by the fact the result has a result. So now I just explain that if its about my gallstones showing up on the scan I don't need to see the Dr as he already knows I have them.

So this could be exactly your scenario. The scan shows the exisiting knwon about gallstones but because there is a result then the admin at the Drs have to ring you to say come and see the Dr.

Rennie1989
01-07-15, 10:32
I can only echo what everybody else has said. If it was urgent they would call you out of hours. It's likely to be a call about booking an appointment to see them to discuss results (which they do whether you have normal or abnormal results) or a confirmation of details. I really would not worry yourself too much over it.

Mandarra
01-07-15, 11:16
Thank you everyone for taking the time to write me with your kind words. I live in Canada and today is a holiday so the office is closed, I think it wasn't very nice of them to ring my home , not my cell, and now I don't know what it is about. Because I have severe health anxiety my mind wanders to the worse case scenario, I wish it didn't . I'm trying to think rationally. I've have quite a few tests this past week so it could be anything. On a positive note I physically have no complaints other than massive anxiety. If I where sick I should feel sick right? I don't . I am very angry at them for doing this.
Thank you again for talking me down.
Mary

Rennie1989
01-07-15, 12:32
It's not their fault, Mandy. This is something that just happens. I had this happen to me and I had to wait a whole weekend for my doctor to tell me something that I knew was already wrong with me. You'll be fine.

Mandarra
01-07-15, 13:25
You know Rennie, I disagree with you. In the last week I've had a mammogram, gall bladder scan, EKG, blood in the stool test and their office calls my home that has no machine to record a message when they have my cell # which I keep on my always. They should know by my records that I have SEVERE anxiety issues and yet you say it's not their fault that I am left to assume the worse in my irrational mind over a holiday. Not the kind of support I was hoping for.

Mandarra
02-07-15, 18:27
I wanted to give you all a follow up on what happened, you have all been so helpful to me.
I lived on Ativan all day and night until this morning, the doctors office called and it was the admin girl, she started by apologizing profusely and admitting that calling on an evening before a holiday was not a good thing to do. I asked why the call and she said that I forgot to write my name and birthday on a slide....:doh: that was it. I asked about the rest of my tests and she said all clear. :yesyes: I let her know what it did to me so that she will be more mindful when she makes calls, especially to people like me who suffer from extreme anxiety. I feel extremely relieved right now.
Again, thank you for all who responded.
Mary

Davit
02-07-15, 18:53
I have to side with Rennie. It isn't their fault. You can not expect to be treated special because of anxiety. If you do it will get worse. If you want to be normal you have to act and think like you are normal. This isn't the support you wanted for sure but it is support and not everything you hear is going to be to your liking on your journey to recovery.