PDA

View Full Version : Funny, although not at the time

sial72
30-06-15, 23:19
Hi everybody
Just wanted to tell you something so that you can see the extent of my health anxiety.
This morning my tongue felt a bit dry and strange, but I thought...just ignore it and it will go away. So I carried on with my morning. I was off to the dentist at 12 and just before leaving the house my tongue felt strange again so I looked at it in the mirror SHOCK HORROR! It was a kind of marroon/purply colour!! I thought, that's it, I'm dying!
On my way to the dentist I looked in the car mirror about 1000 times (I wasn't driving myself), sweating, heart pounding, CONVINCED I would choke on my tongue and die...I thought, I will ask my dentist and if he doesn't know I will go to A&E...then I don't know how I suddenly remembered that I had eaten some dark cherries :-) OMG. This is just a small example of what my HA is like.
Anyone else? X

worrywart29
01-07-15, 02:39
I awoke out of my sleep with my entire left arm numb. I was convinced I was having a stroke. I started panicking, my fiance was up watching TV and he said I sat here for two hours while you slept and the entire time you was laying on your arm I'm sure that has something to do with it. As soon as he said that I realized that my arm was underneath me when I woke up. It's crazy how my first thought always have to be something deadly.

countrygirl
01-07-15, 10:18
Haha. My uncle was sleeping with both arms above his head and they suddenly fell down waking him up and of course they were both totally numb so he woke his wife in a panic saying phone ambulance I have had a stroke. By time she had woken up properly the feeling had come back:)