PDA

View Full Version : HEAT

silver blaze
01-07-15, 09:09
How is everyone coping with this awful heatwave, makes me feel more tired than ever bad enough without the heat

MyNameIsTerry
01-07-15, 09:13
It can be hard going when I wake up. I sleep during the day with my sleep patterns and that means its like an oven as my bedroom window faces the sun on top op a hill! When I wake up I'm baking. Once I get going though I find its just a bit more sticky than usual.

Plenty of drinks I guess!

blue moon
01-07-15, 09:25
How hot is it there?do you have high humidity .There is nothing worse trying to sleep when it is hot.Here it is quite cold.

MyNameIsTerry
01-07-15, 09:30
How hot is it there?do you have high humidity .There is nothing worse trying to sleep when it is hot.Here it is quite cold.

23c where I am currently. 50% humidity.

blue moon
01-07-15, 09:42
Terry,that is cold I thought itas in the 30s,ūp north in Aus it is still ąround 28c,and it is winter?I wish I was back there.

MyNameIsTerry
01-07-15, 09:48
Yeah, but I would probably melt if you dropped in your back garden, Petra! :D

Its pretty himid in my area at that temperature but it will get maybe 5-7 degrees higher?

ricardo
01-07-15, 10:00
12 years living in Spain one gets used to this heat but of course there is the siesta in the afternoon.

No fun over here but as long as I have been around we can never deal with extreme weather but it heat,cold,frost or wind. The poor railways have rails buckling today, leaves on them in the autumn or frozen in the winter.

My advise is keep drinking plenty of water especially those of us on meds that give us very dry throats.

Rennie1989
01-07-15, 10:05
27 degrees and 49% humidity in Kent (20 miles inland).

The problem with this heat is that the more your fuss and wriggle about it the hotter you'll get. It's about mitigation. Get the windows open, close curtains and blinds where the sun shines through, turn electronic off, move as much as you have to and take it easy. There is no chance that I am going outside today.

blue moon
01-07-15, 10:10
Maybe they should have siesta here in Aus,Ricardo.

Terry I have no back garden here,we are living īn The hospital grounds and all the plants are dead from heat or frost.We hope to move into a house soon.

gregcool
01-07-15, 10:46
33 hear in heartfordshire

MyNameIsTerry
01-07-15, 10:50
They expect it to hit 32 today in my region. It's on 26 now, 3 up so its looking like its heading that way.

gregcool
01-07-15, 10:57
Hot hot hot....just steped out of my flat,and there is a breeze thats blowing hot air at you,and in the sun without the breeze,its roasting..and its only 11 am

Sunflower2
01-07-15, 11:27
Feeling hot today and I'm struggling with 20! Don't know how you can cope down in England!!

MyNameIsTerry
01-07-15, 11:29
We say that about you when one flake of snow hits the ground down here! :D

gregcool
01-07-15, 11:41
Panic stations when the snow falls hear,schools shut ,roads close,motorways come to a stand still..

blue moon
01-07-15, 11:45
What time is it there Terry?īt is 8.50 pm here and watching the tennis they said it was very warm.

Global Warming.

MyNameIsTerry
01-07-15, 11:50
It's 11:50am here, Petra.

Libra
01-07-15, 12:14
28c at moment in Midlands, though I think the met office is going to be right about a storm breaking out as sky is going funny colour.

Sunflower2
01-07-15, 12:15
Very true, I drive through snow without much thought about it! :D we just get on with it up here generally! The heat, now that's what goes for us...

MyNameIsTerry
01-07-15, 12:19
I thought I heard some rumbling, it might have been the dustbin lorry though :D

It feels like thunder weather and I'm in the Midlands.

---------- Post added at 12:19 ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 ----------

Panic stations when the snow falls hear,schools shut ,roads close,motorways come to a stand still..

Yeah, look at the snow they deal with in the US and things are still running.

Ah, I feel cooler now for hearing about snow! :D

Rennie1989
01-07-15, 13:04
32 degrees here now, but humidity has dropped to 40%.

I've stopped doing housework now, I've already burnt myself doing the ironing :doh:

xBettyBoopx
01-07-15, 13:10
Hot hot hot here in sunny Suffolk. There's a breeze but its a hot one. This weather always gets to my breathing. I shouldn't moan really:blush:

gregcool
01-07-15, 13:14
Completly clouded over hear in heartfordshire...the sun was roasting this morning,but now its all cloud,very humid....i miss the sun

sial72
01-07-15, 13:44
Here in Barcelona 39 yesterday!!!!! And at 10.30 pm 29 degrees and 90% humidity, disgusting ;-) impossible to sleep. As soon as I'm better I'm moving to Alaska.
Ricardo, you know what I'm talking about...

silver blaze
01-07-15, 15:54
I'll come with you sial72

xBettyBoopx
01-07-15, 17:04
29 here now, i just tried to sit out in it.......:scared15::scared15::scared15: i have my ceiling fan on.....that's not seen much use before :wacko::wacko:
Apparentely it's gonna rain here 2moro, bet it doesn't:mad:
When the temp gets back to the norm we will not remember this.
Spare a thought for the tennis players, it is over 40 degrees at Wimbledon :lac::lac::lac:

Rennie1989
01-07-15, 17:24
35 degrees.... 39% humidity. Gaaaaaaah!

ricardo
01-07-15, 17:30
38 degrees here and the hottest day ever around the corner at Wimbledon with temperatures over 40.:ohmy:

pulisa
01-07-15, 20:14
Apparently a ballboy has collapsed on an outside court. Poor boy-it's merciless out there.

Tomorrow will be cooler apparently

Davit
01-07-15, 20:47
I'm not that far away from Alaska and it is just as hot here, but not the humidity. Yesterday it rained but today you can't tell.

Heat I can work around, but mozzies are another storey.

MyNameIsTerry
02-07-15, 07:11
Well, its been a steamer.

Now I'm on 17 degrees with 82% humidity. Its due to reach 25 degrees at 70% humidity later. The thunder is just starting to rumble.

So, its going to be a sticky one today!

Heather Watson (UK) takes on Serena Williams today, oh dear...:whistles:

Sunflower2
02-07-15, 07:20
We had crazy thunder and lightning last night :ohmy: and it's be even hotter today than yesterday here!

MyNameIsTerry
02-07-15, 07:25
The wind must have blown it down here pretty quickly then!

xBettyBoopx
02-07-15, 14:20
It's a hot one here again today though not as hot as yesterday. It was supposed to rain but there's not a trickle to be seen:ohmy:

Come on Murray and Heather Watson......you can do it.......anyone for strawberries and cream?:D:D:D

Davit
02-07-15, 17:12
Is this normal weather for you, It gets hotter and drier here every year. 33 today.

newme
02-07-15, 18:31
It's been hot and humid here for the last few days with lightning/thunder and rain day before yesterday. It Reminds me of the way the weather was years ago. It was a welcome change.

xBettyBoopx
02-07-15, 23:43
Is this normal weather for you, It gets hotter and drier here every year. 33 today.

We are not really used to heat here in UK. I think a lot of anxiety sufferers feel worse in the heat and humidity which is why it's being talked about.:noangel: We dont have particularly cold winters either so we shouldnt moan:blush::blush:

MyNameIsTerry
03-07-15, 07:15
Its a bit cooler today :yesyes:

Its quite nice actually. 13 degrees with 89% humidity. Its due to go up to 26 degrees with 51% humidity though. At least there is some wind.

Davit
03-07-15, 07:41
Going to be 27 tomorrow and stay around there the next week.

newme
03-07-15, 20:19
Hi Davit..Yes..As you know me from another site and that I live in a drought ridden state in the u.s. It is getting hotter and dryer where I live. We are in a extreme drought and have been give written notice to cut back on our water usage. We are allowed to water our yards and plants twice a week for 10 minutes a watering station. The days to water are based on your house number address. Mine is odd numbered so for me that is Thursdays and Sundays before 10 am or after 4 pm. I have not been able to grow vegatables this year and am focused on keeping my trees and drought resistant plants alive this year. Not sure if I will be able to keep the lawn alive though but I am still enjoying the flowers.

Davit
03-07-15, 20:27
That is much worse than here. I run my sprinklers two hours and my garden hose for flowers and green houses an hour and a half usually. But I'm pumping out of the pond and well. It is my own water.

newme
03-07-15, 20:51
Davit. My state is a mass producer of my kinds of produce that feeds many here and elsewhere. The farmers are now pumping ground water out of the aquafer to water their crops. Many have lost their almond trees to the drought. It takes a lot of water to grow just one almond on a tree. So we are now doing our part to conserve water here for all of us so that we will have water to drink, cook and bath with. We are hoping we pull out of this drought and get some consistant rain soon like Texas did. Minus the flooding of course. It's good to hear that you are able to continue growing your own produce which I know is a big part of your life and who you are. Keep doing what you love my friend.

feelthelove
03-07-15, 21:15
Its cooling down here on the north east coast but it has been 28+ over the past few days . I sleep with the fan on so it hasn't been too bad and i do have a 12 foot pool which was like heaven to cool down in .

rsanchez
03-07-15, 23:15
Hi guys,

So it's very hot here and the family decided to go to a theme park. I was already nervous about it because previously I had spent not 10 minutes in similar heat before I felt sick. Well 10 minutes in I started feeling really sick.

I'm now in an indoors area here at the park feeling really sick. I have either a knot in my stomach or really bad butterflies, feel palpitations, and feel very tired.

I am so scared, and I'm hanging out here letting my family have fun.

Davit
03-07-15, 23:52
Can you put cold wet paper towels on your neck in back and sides where the veins are the heaviest.

rsanchez
04-07-15, 00:03
Making do with wet paper towels, can't get a cold towel at the moment.

Davit
04-07-15, 01:45
Panicgurl told me a storey about going to the store and forgetting she had a towel on her neck, anxiety can do that to you. :-)

rsanchez
04-07-15, 03:30
It's now 10:30pm and I still have that knot in my stomach feeling.

I've been checked by my doctor and everything, but I still have so much trouble believing this is just anxiety.

GingerFish
04-07-15, 11:59
We had it OK here in Scotland. Was still roasting though! I can't deal with any heat whatsoever. Never have! My friend from Liverpool was up in Scotland during the heatwave so we were always out and about so the heat really knocked the stuffing out of me because we were walways on the go. I ended up getting a migraine yesterday and I'm thinking that could have been from all the light and heat I experienced over the last 3 days.

rsanchez
04-07-15, 18:20
Went out in the heat again today, just a few minutes and already feeling nauseous. It's either anxiety or I'm very sick, and I don't feel very sick.