PDA

View Full Version : Please please help...we go away today!

Freaking!
01-07-15, 10:58
We are going away for a long weekend today, leaving tonight but I am in the middle of a HA crisis! I have lots of stuff going on, it may be HA it may be an illness, of course it's terminal in my head!! But I am super obsessed right now! I have a scan booked for next Friday so I know I can't do anything before then.

My question is, does anyone have any coping strategies. I desperately want to enjoy this long weekend away with my family, even if I am dying but all I can do is obsess!!

sial72
01-07-15, 11:18
Stop. Breathe. Breathe again and think rationally.
If you are aware that you suffer from health anxiety it is 100% more likely that whatever is wrong with you is anxiety than a terminal illness.
And secondly, think that your anxiety is with you wherever you go, so if you stay you will be anxious and feel guilty, whereas if you go you can at least be happy that you did it and try to enjoy it.
Xx

countrygirl
01-07-15, 12:07
Remember you can't change what will be, be it your symptoms are nothing to worry about or they are terminal and no amount of worrying between now and the results will change the outcome. Obviously there is a much much greater likelehood that you do not have anything terminal but thats how we all on here think so do understand.

I had similar experience a few years ago waiting for ultrasound of lady bits during peri meno and I decided that I would enjoy the weekend away because I could not change the outcome and how awful to have terrible memories of you weekend away whatever the outcome of the tests and hard as it was I threw myself into the weekend with only few blips. When you mind starts going down the what if's say stop I won't think about this until after the weekend away.

LEt us know how you get on with weekend and tests please

Freaking!
01-07-15, 12:33
Thankyou :-)

Breathing, breathing breathing!!

I know you are both right. I have given myself a good talking to. I will not obsess over it until I get back ;-) I won't have google either so I guess that will help!!

I had HA badly about 5 years ago for 2 years badly, i have been pretty good in the between period, then unexplained symptoms and I am off.......prob worse than I was before. Now I think it's an illness that started years ago!!

Really do appreciate your kind words. Best obsess over packing for now!!!

sial72
01-07-15, 13:48
Exactly, you get on with your packing ;-)
Not having Google available is a holiday in itself, enjoy!!

hopingtochill
01-07-15, 18:13
When im like that, which has happened A LOT!, I try to think back to all the times ive had days out, weekends, holidays and evenings ruined by anxiety about symptoms and test results, none of which came to anything serious, altho i never seem to learn my lesson. If that doesnt work, try to keep super busy!!