PDA

View Full Version : help with ectopics

rosebud
31-01-07, 16:51
Hi
Does anyone who suffers with ectopics feel them in there throat?
I get a strange feeling in my thoat when i'me having them.
It's not painful just uncomfortable.
Also, all you that suffer these horrible things could you describe how they feel. Do some feel different to others.
Any feedback would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Traceyxxx

cazza
31-01-07, 21:22
Hi Tracey
I have them every day sometimes i feel them in my throat sometimes they feel like a butterfly in my chest somtimes like a bang all different sensations but deffinately my heart missing beats try not to worry they wont hurt you the more you worry the more you get
I know they are very frightening i hate them with a passion!!!
take care carol

rosebud
31-01-07, 23:51
Hi Carol

I hate them with a passion too.
Have had them nearly a year now and they just drive me to distraction.
Thanks for the reassurance.
It helps alot.
Lets hope one day the buggers will dissappear.
Take care
Traceyxxx

Angelcake
01-02-07, 01:20
Hi Tracey,
I have ectopics eveyday too and yes I can feel them in the throat, especially when they are really 'strong'. I get a 'flippy' feeling in the throat, then the bang in the chest. I also get a weird feeling like the air is being pushed out of my chest sometimes - I hate that one!! Other times I get a full feeling in the throat and top of my chest (sometimes a big burp helps that feeling!). And I generally always feel the 'bang' in the chest!!

I agree that sometimes they feel different to each other. The choky, strangling feeling is a new one for me this time!! They also feel different in strength - I can normally tell when they might be on their way out for a few days/weeks... I look forward to that bit!!
Oh the joys of ectopics!!

Hope yours aren't too worrying for you,
Sarah xx

rosebud
02-02-07, 11:42
Hi Sarah

Thanks for your help.
It's comforting to know that that others experience them the same way.
Wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy.
Trceyxxx

gloucestershire_girl
02-02-07, 14:24
Sarah
Yours sound so similar to mine especially the scary ones when it feels like air is being pushed out of your chest
I also get flutters, feel like somone has turned the heart inside out, feel like someone has pushed my chest inwards, feel the 'lift dropping' feeling, bangs and heart dropping sensations...i also fele them in my throat but not always
I hate them and because i know that i hate them they come even more if that makes sense
I just try and remember the hundreds of ecgs, the echo, chest xray and blood tests i ve had
Take care
freya