PDA

View Full Version : Constant fast heart day after day after day ...

paul763
01-07-15, 16:35
38 years old , Started late one night in 2008 until present day. Resting pulse 95 and upto and over 120 upon any movement. Had most tests including 24 hour ecg, 2 echoes, treadmill exercise test. they just concluded sinus tachycardia. No medication said it was all anxiety / stress related. I recall that maybe prior to the start of it all I had done some leg/back exercises for supposed trapped L1 nerve but when i mentioned to docs they dismissed it. blood pressure always high in the doctors but always normal at home using Omron blood pressure machine. Im at a loss here and its ruining my life. please help me...

Fishmanpa
01-07-15, 17:10
Are you doing anything to treat your anxiety?

Positive thoughts

paul763
01-07-15, 17:50
Yes, I have had counselling, cbt, mindful cbt, hypnosis, meditation, mindful meditation, distraction / exposure therapies. Thanks.

AlexandriaUK
01-07-15, 19:15
Hi no offence but are you active/over weight / bad diet etc.

Daniele_T
01-07-15, 20:47
In the current hot weather your rhr will be higher than normal.
What is it during a good hour of meditation?

My heart rate can be around 80 to 90 and if I meditate it gets down to 55 or lower.

humbug83
09-07-15, 17:49
In the current hot weather your rhr will be higher than normal.
What is it during a good hour of meditation?

My heart rate can be around 80 to 90 and if I meditate it gets down to 55 or lower.

Hi Daniele,
I just wondered why would the hot weather make the resting heart rate be higher than normal?

MidnightCalm
09-07-15, 18:09
Today I woke up with my heart going around 150bpm and its stayed that way all day I have no idea what it's doing but I can feel it pulsing through my body.

Frenchy
09-07-15, 19:56
Hi Daniele,
I just wondered why would the hot weather make the resting heart rate be higher than normal?

In hot weather your heart rate naturally increases, as a cooling mechanism.

The faster your blood moves around your body - the higher the volume of blood that is moving through the blood vessels that run close to your surface of your skin and through your extremities, which is how your body is able to dissipate heat.

How much of an increase this causes I don't know...but would probably vary from individual to individual and (obviously) depend on how hot they were.

---------- Post added at 19:46 ---------- Previous post was at 19:40 ----------

Today I woke up with my heart going around 150bpm and its stayed that way all day I have no idea what it's doing but I can feel it pulsing through my body.

Hmmm, that is fast... especially to be lasting all day. How is it now?

Are you actually feeling stressed/anxious? I would be inclined to go and get that checked out (if you haven't already) if it stays like that much longer. Even if it is sinus tachycardia related to anxiety, or something like a-fib, then the Dr might advise that a simple Beta Blocker might help control it, if it happens a lot.

---------- Post added at 19:56 ---------- Previous post was at 19:46 ----------

38 years old , Started late one night in 2008 until present day. Resting pulse 95 and upto and over 120 upon any movement. Had most tests including 24 hour ecg, 2 echoes, treadmill exercise test. they just concluded sinus tachycardia. No medication said it was all anxiety / stress related. I recall that maybe prior to the start of it all I had done some leg/back exercises for supposed trapped L1 nerve but when i mentioned to docs they dismissed it. blood pressure always high in the doctors but always normal at home using Omron blood pressure machine. Im at a loss here and its ruining my life. please help me...

Do you yourself believe that this is perhaps related to anxiety? Do you [honestly] feel like your anxiety is usually well managed... or would you say you do feel anxious most of the time and have simply accepted it and just "cope"? I only ask because if you feel like there is a chance to try and better deal with your anxiety, then it really might help control this.

That said, if you feel like your anxiety is something you are usually able to control but you still have this - or as condition/symptom in it's own right, it is actually affecting your quality of life, then go back to the doctors and tell them this. There may be medication they can prescribe to help with this. Things like Beta Blockers are really nothing to be scared of (I'm not saying you are, just that some people are). They are highly effective, non mind-altering drugs if the Doc suggests they may be an option for you.

AnxiousM
15-07-15, 22:36
90 - 120 is nothing to be concerned over.

SJL
16-07-15, 14:05
90 - 120 is nothing to be concerned over.

Who told you that?

120 at rest for extended periods of time isn't good.

humbug83
18-07-15, 11:01
Last time I had an ECG in April my heart rate was 96bpm. In January it was 93. Dr said that it is quite high for my age (32). Ever since I have been checking my pulse almost every day and since a few weeks ago I've noticed it going down to low 80s and high 70s sometimes.

Merle
18-07-15, 17:34
Hi,
You sound like me. I have had my third round of tests done today and all clear. The doctor said I have health anxiety, over excitement anxiety and anxiety. Great!! My heart beats fast and i can feel it. Woke up with pains in my chest this morning and thought the worst hence me taking myself down to A&E but all clear again.

So anxiety is the cause of this. Best thing to do is find something suitable for you to take your mind off you being focusing on the heart beats. Sometimes mine have stopped pounding in my chest and that too frightens me cos if I can't feel it something else is wrong. So it feels like a no win situation. I am looking into whats out there for anxiety.

I wish you all the best of luck

M

humbug83
18-07-15, 22:04
Thanks.
I have stopped checking my pulse as much and I haven't felt my heart pounding as much, although there are still some days when I can feel it.