PDA

View Full Version : out of touch with reality

mark78
02-07-15, 00:18
today has been another really difficult day for me. all day i feelt like just breaking down completely. how i didint i really dont know now it been night time the pressure has eased abit. especially from my head but sadly im still feeling really out of touch with reality and having constant thoughts dying feeling so fed up and low.

---------- Post added 02-07-15 at 00:18 ---------- Previous post was 01-07-15 at 23:43 ----------

:lac::lac::lac:

mindful+
02-07-15, 00:47
Mark get yourself on a group treatment programme
and read this whilst your waiting :

Matt Haig "Reasons to Stay Alive "

Investigate "Mindfulness" - find a course locally,
http://www.mindfulness.ie/

Take an anti-depressant , 50/100mg - it'll ease the pain
gardening / painting all good stuff.

The combination of all of the above has been shown to work 95%
I quit smoking also + yoga is great too .

Slán agus beannacht leat

Crystalhiggs
02-07-15, 09:45
Keep going Mark, this will pass.
Mindfulness, CBT, eating healthily, exercising even if it's just walking (I started cycling recently and its transformed my life!) or a few yoga stretches - these are all things that have helped me.
You will be ok, keep the radio or tv on, keep talking to people , this is a blip and it will pass!

mark78
02-07-15, 16:46
thanks very much for your kind words crystalhiggs. i know what you are saying is right of course unfortunately its still very hard when im feeling the way i am i will have to go to my doc because i cant see this passing. :unsure:

Crystalhiggs
02-07-15, 19:24
Mark you have to do whatever you feel is right for you, i hope you get some relief from this soon I know how awful it is.
I read a Buddhist quotes book the other week when I was feeling horrible. It reminded me that everything is temporary, things are changing all the time, and that we can control our thoughts.
You are still you, you are still Mark, you didn't go away, your anxious thoughts just got too much. For now.

I keep saying it but I promise it will pass. :)

mark78
02-07-15, 19:51
again thanks so much for your support its really good to know im not on my own in all this.

---------- Post added at 19:51 ---------- Previous post was at 19:43 ----------

also i have to say it looks like i will have to seek some help because it seems to be to much for my self.

mindful+
02-07-15, 19:52
Mark, sorry if I came across a bit brash ( over load )
what I was really trying to say is:

there are lots of little steps out there to take ( that will help)
and it doesn't really matter which you take
as long as you DO take 1 step

slainte

sial72
02-07-15, 20:03
Hi Mark
I have been there, like you are now and if feels like you will feel like that forever, but believe me, it DOES get better! An hour can never last more than 60 minutes. Hang in there.
I would very much recommend exercise, something that you have to focus on, it helps clear the mind and burn off excess adrenaline. I did a swimming course. Very useful as you also learn how to breathe properly.
Sending you hugs xxx

mark78
02-07-15, 20:14
hi sia72 thanks so much for your kind words and support. i do try my best to get exercise like walking my dog playing golf i also spend alot of time on my moutain bike its just the last few days have been so hard even to do them little tings.:noangel: